Best Female Tube-rider on Earth?

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
You could be right.
Moana is up there. I'd imagine her skills would transfer from Pipe to there pretty easily.
Chels Georgeson was my fave 20 years ago. So much better than the more "charger" styled peers of Keala, Rochelle, and Layne.
I haven't seen Justine surf regular heavy waves :bowdown:
Kerrzy's daughter and Kenworthy will be on par soon too.

A heavy tuberiding venue could be enjoyable in the next few years if they could get them all in it.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Check the last sequence. I've surfed this wave- it's fcuking hectic and in the middle of nowhere.
She is packing it.

RE: the titular question

Not even close - and her waif body tells that tale.

She has that reef dialed frontside.

Put her without the local crew in beachbreak or elsewhere it's going to be a different story. Mentally and physically.

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
Vahine Fierro? Coco Ho probably in the running too tbh
Vahine is who I thought of.

I mean properly packing barrels, not quick little in and out pocket rides.

This chick Imogen gets deep.

Haven't seen Coco get anything remotely equivalent.

Moana at Pipe.

For above: that wave is not fun: it's extremely thick and hard to get into. It's put a lot of experienced tube-riders in hospital- couple of hrs drive over dirt, or 3 hrs steam by boat.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: santacruzin

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
What about the current world no. 1? She is a pretty good tube rider in the few waves at Teahupoo.

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
No disrespect to Caz, but I doubt she could hold her ground at Tombstones, where Imogen can pack bombs.

Caz is just a beginner/intermediate tube-rider.

It's one of the heaviest, most technical tubes on Earth.

Watch this and then you'll understand why Jack Robinson can make Pipe and Teahupoo look so easy.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
You could be right.
Moana is up there. I'd imagine her skills would transfer from Pipe to there pretty easily.
Chels Georgeson was my fave 20 years ago. So much better than the more "charger" styled peers of Keala, Rochelle, and Layne.
I haven't seen Justine surf regular heavy waves :bowdown:
Kerrzy's daughter and Kenworthy will be on par soon too.

A heavy tuberiding venue could be enjoyable in the next few years if they could get them all in it.
Caity.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Shaun Cansdell get seriously fcuked up at that place, didn't he?

She's very very good. My other three candidates would be Moana Jones, Vahine Fierro, and Chelsea Georgeson. And I reckon Caity Simmers will get right up there.