Best Female Tube-rider on Earth?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Maybe switch to “best frontside tube rider”? Even then, Caroline is better.
Despite the soiled WSL year end trophy, (Carrissa being the real champion) Caroline isn't the best anything in surfing other than the best over coached, mechanical looking, ugly, backside bottom-turn top-turn combo. She has that one maneuver on lockdown. Personally, I find her surfing across the board to be incredibly ugly even though I'm supposed to root for has as an East Coaster.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Despite the soiled WSL year end trophy, (Carrissa being the real champion) Caroline isn't the best anything in surfing other than the best over coached, mechanical looking, ugly, backside bottom-turn top-turn combo. She has that one maneuver on lockdown. Personally, I find her surfing across the board to be incredibly ugly even though I'm supposed to root for has as an East Coaster.
I don’t disagree but she gets barreled.

This board is funny. With Filipe, he’s not the best because he can’t win pipe. Caroline wins Chopes and she’s not the best because her top turn is repetitive.

This thread is about the best female tube rider in the world. I say Carissa, and Caity/Sierra/Erin will take over shortly. all 3 are technically superior to their elders in every type of barrel.

Casa is apparently the only one who agrees w me that to hold the title you have to be able to show skills at different spots, frontside and backhand. Moana is great at pipe, but zippo at backdoor. She can’t be the best just surfing one wave.

Reactions: casa_mugrienta