Best boar in your quiver?

HSY

OTF status
Aug 15, 2011
5'7 Roberts Bro Fish w/ medium Twonzer fins. I've been riding it exclusively for the past year in every condition from knee high to well well well over head rollers with some tubes thrown in at times. Up 3 L from 2019 boards so I catch a ton more waves while still carving a pretty mean turn with a smoother approach than my skinny board past. At 51 with bad knees and shoulders so I may be fish guy from here on out.
I look at this exact board on his website like once a week. hahaha! Also his metatwin.
I don't really need another board but just in case my ancient 5'9 FCD keel fish delams for good... (which is my current favorite board, though I realize it's a little too big and getting old after having tried my friend's newer 5'8).

Reactions: surfwhere

smithgrind

Nep status
Dec 25, 2009
PNW
If best means the most fun then I'm going with the 5'6" CI hi5 with a quad set up. Large fcs carvers with large
performers rear. That tail is a wide ass.

Reactions: retodd and Havoc

BentoBox70

OTF status
Dec 9, 2016
South Bay CA
Where'd you find that? I thought they'd discontinued it?
A guy in Manhattan Beach CA put it on Craigslist. Said he had too many boards, had to thin out his quiver.

It's like new. I told him that it's Dan Mann's best groveler ever. He said "Oh I'm gonna regret this."

It is discontinued, but I think they'll produce small batches of older models in their new construction / branding. The characteristics are the same.