Are the Democrats about to cook up a fake war

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
Biden and his now war hawk admin want to take on Russia and their vast, proven nuke arsenal.

Now with hypersonic missiles that put the old ICBM's to shame.

Back to old school duck, cover and kiss your ass goodbye dayz.
Perhaps the President knows things about U.S. capabilities that neither you nor I know. Given the performance of the Russian army, one wonders at the competence of their military. It's so obviously a war of attrition situation for them yet they concentrate on taking and holding territory. They could take a lesson from Ulysses S. Grant.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
You don't like Republicans politicians, but you look like one. We could reasonably conclude you don't like the man in the mirror.
Kennedy was a fat head too. Joe Manchin - oh wait you've got me there - quite a few of the Western (D) Governors as well....

For someone named Newt, he has a very fat head. In fact he and Kirby Smart are perfect references for the Georgia Fathead physiognomy.

• Haha
Reactions: One-Off

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
Bernie Sanders?
UAW?
The good people at the Wuhan Institute of Virology?

Ron Paul and the union-friendly left were both against NAFTA at the time of passage. "Bring manufacturing back to the USA" predates my birth, much less Trump's Presidency.
I remember the wonderful Republicans who sent manufacturing and supply chains away from the USA toward Asia: Tricky Dicky and the Gipper. Of course, Bush41 gets his due for NAFTA.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Russia has succeeded in only one thing: strengthening NATO.
They've destroyed Mariupol, between invasion and the bridge they built to Crimea they strangled all of Ukraine's Sea of Azov port cities, and Donetsk and Luhansk I don't think they're getting back unless NATO flexes that strength and/or Putin dies and some fever dreams come to pass.

I remember the wonderful Republicans who sent manufacturing and supply chains away from the USA toward Asia: Tricky Dicky and the Gipper. Of course, Bush41 gets his due for NAFTA.
Agree about Nixon and Reagan. I think you might see a couple partially blown gaskets for acknowledging HW's contribution to NAFTA.

I didn't agree with lots of HW's world view but he's the last fiscally sane Republican President we're likely to have, for quite some time.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
“At the outset of its response to the Russian invasion, the administration was careful to limit possible provocation of the Russians. But, not having seen direct retaliation from Moscow, it has become progressively less cautious.

“This lack of caution is aided by the fact that it is Ukrainians, not Americans, who are dying and by the success of pro-Ukrainian propaganda and the effective Western ban on contradictory information from non-Ukrainian sources. There is a risk that the administration will inhale its own propaganda and underestimate the risks it is taking,” said Freeman.

“Our eyes, “ says Beebe, “have grown bigger. You walk around here in Washington and there are very few people that are worried that we might get into an escalation spiral that we can’t control. Seems to me that much of Congress is worried that they might be accused of not doing enough to support Ukraine, not of doing too much that tips us over the edge here into a very dangerous situation. So I think it is fair to say that we are in a much more dangerous situation right now from the point of view of escalation than we’ve been in my lifetime.”
Not even the people making the propaganda are immune to its effects - they get high on their own supply.
Freeman observes that as a result of the war fever enveloping Washington, “It is now taboo in the United States to inquire into the origins of the war, to suggest that Western policy had any role in provoking it, or that there has been or is any basis for Russia’s security concerns.”

And nowhere is the taboo of raising even the most basic questions about American involvement stronger than on Capitol Hill. Indeed, what the last couple of weeks in Washington has shown is that, with respect to the proxy war the administration has now embarked upon, there is essentially a uni-party on Capitol Hill.
Just like Iraq II. Everyone in DC supported it.

Two landmark pieces of legislation recently signed into law by Biden help tell the tale. Legislation to revive the lend lease program and apply it to Ukraine passed the House on April 28 by a vote of 417 to 10; the 10 opposition votes were all Republicans. Two weeks later, the House passed by a wide margin, 368 to 57, a US$40 billion aid package to Ukraine. Once again, there were no Democratic dissenting votes.
This was a lend-lease to themselves and their constituents in the MIC. As John Boyd said, the goal of our military/defense establishment is to get money flowing.
“The US, our NATO allies, Ukraine, and Russia are now locked into long-term hostility. It is entirely possible that the conflict in Ukraine’s east and south, like that between India and Pakistan in Kashmir, will sustain warfare for decades to come. If so, there will be a constant danger of an outbreak of hostilities on Europe’s eastern frontiers and of escalation to direct conflict between Russia and the United States, including a possible nuclear exchange,” he said.

“Given the absence of any serious diplomatic dialogue between Washington and Moscow,” said Freeman, “it is far from obvious how such escalation can be prevented.”
Does our gerontocracy really care if we get into a nuclear exchange? I mean, most of Congress and the White House are close to the mean life expectancy anyways. I think a medium range or ICBM exchange is more likely than a tactical nuclear exchange. What does Russia gain by nuking Lviv or Kiev, the latter founded by the Rus? They gain much more in terms of terror and neutralization by going "full send" with the West.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot