Are the Democrats about to cook up a fake war

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Geopolitically yes.....

Ukraine is completely obliterated and who knows how many hundreds of thousands of dead Ukrainians will be counted by the time this is over. Even if they restore their borders tomorrow they are generations away from life as they knew it.

There are better ways to deal with China.
Your underlying assumption is that Ukrainians wouldn’t have fought and died anyway. I doubt that.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Without western assistance the military would have been wiped out or laid down their weapons by now yet the population suffering would have been far less.
The population fled almost immediately.

And you’re also assuming the rest of Europe would have acted in line with the US. Even without us, Germany etc. would still be backing Ukraine.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
The population fled almost immediately.

And you’re also assuming the rest of Europe would have acted in line with the US. Even without us, Germany etc. would still be backing Ukraine.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Germany had to be brought to the assistance table kicking and screaming. They spent all this time and money finding the Russian war AGAINST Ukraine it had to be a tough call for them.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Germany had to be brought to the assistance table kicking and screaming. They spent all this time and money finding the Russian war AGAINST Ukraine it had to be a tough call for them.
Now do England, Poland etc. There’s a war there with or without our assistance.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Now do England, Poland etc. There’s a war there with or without our assistance.
Poland is limited in what they can do but the UK has been the leading voice for Ukraine assistance. However this is and has been a bigger lift than one country could have done. This has been driven by US self interest the whole time.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Poland is limited in what they can do but the UK has been the leading voice for Ukraine assistance. However this is and has been a bigger lift than one country could have done. This has been driven by US self interest the whole time.
Do you think we should not act in our self interest?

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Russia still thinks NATO is a thing. If the US just watched Poland and other local countries would have gotten dragged in and eventually that drags everyone else. The history of all wars is self-interest.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Russia still thinks NATO is a thing. If the US just watched Poland and other local countries would have gotten dragged in and eventually that drags everyone else. The history of all wars is self-interest.
If you're saying what I think you are, I'm in 100% agreement. Ukraine isn't the end for Russia, it's the beginning. I believe Moldova was next, then Georgia. Depending on what they learned about NATO during this Poland and Romania were next.

Russia believes it needs to move its borders in order to survive and they are taking a very long view of this. This is a huge set back for them....but humiliation aside and with or without Putin...this isn't the last time they will make a move on Ukraine. Russia will never be satisfied with their current borders because they view them as indefensible.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
If you're saying what I think you are, I'm in 100% agreement. Ukraine isn't the end for Russia, it's the beginning. I believe Moldova was next, then Georgia. Depending on what they learned about NATO during this Poland and Romania were next.

Russia believes it needs to move its borders in order to survive and they are taking a very long view of this. This is a huge set back for them....but humiliation aside and with or without Putin...this isn't the last time they will make a move on Ukraine. Russia will never be satisfied with their current borders because they view them as indefensible.
Seems to me that if you think Russia was good-enough to re-conquer Poland, Moldova and Romania without Western aid such as Polish troops, American operators, and NATO weapons and C4ISR, you have to abandon the claim that they're also incompetent.

Anyways, is anyone besides me breathing a sigh of relief that this man's finger isn't on the Big Red Button?
1687795876310.png

Putin's power in question, says guy on CNN who looks a lot like Prigozhin:
1687796034126.png

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Seems to me that if you think Russia was good-enough to re-conquer Poland, Moldova and Romania without Western aid such as Polish troops, American operators, and NATO weapons and C4ISR, you have to abandon the claim that they're also incompetent.

Anyways, is anyone besides me breathing a sigh of relief that this man's finger isn't on the Big Red Button?
View attachment 157236

View attachment 157237
That’s the problem with authoritarian governments - transition planning is sub-par.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
“The oligarchic clan that rules Russia needed the war,” Prigozhin said. “The mentally ill scumbags decided: ‘It’s OK, we’ll throw in a few thousand more Russian men as cannon fodder. They’ll die under artillery fire, but we’ll get what we want.’ ”

Who still believes Putin did this because of NATO or Nazi’s in Ukraine?

Reactions: Woke AF

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER

View attachment 157236

View attachment 157237
I don't think they are good enough (obviously)....just pointing out what they think they must to do to guarantee their future existence.

Reactions: twinzerfan and PRCD

twinzerfan

Michael Peterson status
Oct 26, 2006
Floriduh

View attachment 157236

View attachment 157237
for once, I can agree with you.

A humiliated and worried Putin could be dangerous, and we don’t know what is going on behind the scenes.

The turmoil may serve us at the moment but it’s anyone’s guess how it turns out

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I don't think they are good enough (obviously)....just pointing out what they think they must to do to guarantee their future existence.
I ackshually agree with a lot of what you're saying, but you seem to be of the opinion that Russia can not be negotiated with at all - that their claims to want a neutral Ukraine were ALWAYS a pretext for this action - Russians, after all, only understand a boot up their asses. I tried to advance the claim that the USSR was only successful in the invasion of E. Europe with Hitler's help in the aftermath of the 30 million deaths on the Eastern front. Otherwise, it's been entirely the West invading Russia for the past two centuries. Let's say I'm wrong and that Russia ALWAYS intended to invade Ukraine, we could still do what we're doing now after agreeing to neutral Ukraine. Our Maidan in 2014 was foolish.

Anyways, this is a good interview with a former intelligence operative. Lots of speculation on who was involved. Doubtless they'll beat this out of Prigozhin before killing him.

twinzerfan

Michael Peterson status
Oct 26, 2006
Floriduh
I ackshually agree with a lot of what you're saying, but you seem to be of the opinion that Russia can not be negotiated with at all - that their claims to want a neutral Ukraine were ALWAYS a pretext for this action - Russians, after all, only understand a boot up their asses. I tried to advance the claim that the USSR was only successful in the invasion of E. Europe with Hitler's help in the aftermath of the 30 million deaths on the Eastern front. Otherwise, it's been entirely the West invading Russia for the past two centuries. Let's say I'm wrong and that Russia ALWAYS intended to invade Ukraine, we could still do what we're doing now after agreeing to neutral Ukraine. Our Maidan in 2014 was foolish.

Anyways, this is a good interview with a former intelligence operative. Lots of speculation on who was involved. Doubtless they'll beat this out of Prigozhin before killing him.
Hasn’t Russia been trying to establish what they consider “safe” boarders since the Mongol invasion?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Hasn’t Russia been trying to establish what they consider “safe” boarders since the Mongol invasion?
Yes. To the East. Look at a map. The Mongols came from the East; their empire spread as far East as California.

Please address what I said about it's invasion to the West in WWII / post-WWII.

Reactions: grapedrink

twinzerfan

Michael Peterson status
Oct 26, 2006
Floriduh
Yes. To the East. Look at a map. The Mongols came from the East; their empire spread as far East as California.

Please address what I said about it's invasion to the West in WWII / post-WWII.
no, I agree regarding WW2. My reading said that they made an agreement with Hitler not to intervene with Poland, and other Eastern European countries with the understanding Russia would get the necessary lands.
It wasn’t until Hitler decided he would attack Russia that they joined forces with the Allies.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: PRCD and grapedrink