ANYONE SEEN ANY GOOD MOVIES LATELY ?

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Finished watching The Sopranos yesterday. That ending was kinda grim! Yeah, they cut to black, but he was basically murdered in front of his entire family. "You never see it coming", they said on an earlier episode.

Wondering if that The Many Saints of Newark movie is any good. Tony is played by Gandolfini's son if I'm not mistaken.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Finished watching The Sopranos yesterday. That ending was kinda grim! Yeah, they cut to black, but he was basically murdered in front of his entire family. "You never see it coming", they said on an earlier episode.

Wondering if that The Many Saints of Newark movie is any good. Tony is played by Gandolfini's son if I'm not mistaken.
or he lived happily ever after? still not sure how i feel about that ending after all these years but i rmemeber watching it live and being kinda pissed off.

The movie was kind of whatevs..couldnt get into it.

Reactions: brukuns

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
or he lived happily ever after? still not sure how i feel about that ending after all these years but i rmemeber watching it live and being kinda pissed off.

The show's creator (David Chase) confirmed he got whacked. He had a different idea originally... the opening of the show is Tony driving from NY back to NJ, and his original idea was to have Tony drive from NJ to NY to a meeting where he would be killed. It wasn't like that but he was killed 100%.

I kinda liked it. It's inline with the show not caring about what you want to happen. If this show was on today, the entire NY family would have been killed in gruesome fashion and Tony would have taken up NY for himself. (we would also have seen Dr Melfi's rapist being brutally murdered, we would have had closure on the Russian episode, etc)

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Reactions: CutnSnip

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016

Either way, you get to see Tony looking over his shoulder, waiting to be killed, and understand that even if he lived through the scene, he will spend the rest of his life looking over his shoulder and waiting for his execution.

Reactions: CutnSnip

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Also:

I watched Everything, Everywhere, All At Once a while back and enjoyed it.
I didn't realize Fargo was back and I am thoroughly happy that it is.

I picked up Slow Horses while the family was sick and I was stuck on the couch.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W

Usually I skip the intro to shows. After you've seen it a few times , it's enough. But I remember I liked the music of the Sopranos and would let the intro run. The Wire was like that too. Oh and Better Call Saul. The way they cut it off in the series was weird. The whole song is pretty good.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Im issuing a challenge to anyone on the erBB to see if they can make it all the way through this like I did. I still can’t figure out what I watched and why but it was badass and fucked up and in a way addictive. Kind of like smoking angel dust

@$kully youre our resident cinephile along with being in the industry so Id think you’d be obligated to watch since its by an auteur like Refn???

I bet @Subway would think it was wicked cool too

Last edited: