ANYONE SEEN ANY GOOD MOVIES LATELY ?

ringer

Tom Curren status
Aug 2, 2002
Huntington Beach, California
Another 2017 film, Mudbound, lives up to the quality of the novel. Well worth the 134 minutes of your life.

Reactions: Subway and Aruka

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
seems like [White Noise would] be a challenge to make any of his books into a movie. i'll have to look into this. big fan of delillo.
Saw this last night. It is very stylish, everything about it. It looks great. The acting was fantastic, especially the two older kids. Made me want to read the book, which I haven't read since the US-90s, again.

Also watched Clean with Adrien Brody. It's OK. Films about broody, solitary, "men with a past" saviour type characters have had their run at this point, IMO.

Reactions: Aruka

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Saw this last night. It is very stylish, everything about it. It looks great. The acting was fantastic, especially the two older kids. Made me want to read the book, which I haven't read since the US-90s, again.

Also watched Clean with Adrien Brody. It's OK. Films about broody, solitary, "men with a past" saviour type characters have had their run at this point, IMO.
Nyt daily podcast did an episode about noah and the making of the film that was really good. I look forward to seeing it.

Clean sounds like a typical Adrien Broody flick.

I saw Barfly for the 87th time last weekend. That is a good one if you like that dark kind of film.
I havent seen Barfly in ages ill have to give it another go. Factotum is one of my favorites that I watch every couple of years. I dont rewatch movies that often but for some reason this one always works for me. So many dark and funny lines.

Reactions: keenfish

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I havent seen Barfly in ages ill have to give it another go. Factotum is one of my favorites that I watch every couple of years. I dont rewatch movies that often but for some reason this one always works for me. So many dark and funny lines.
They need to one for the The Copulating Mermaid of Venice, California

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Nyt daily podcast did an episode about noah and the making of the film that was really good. I look forward to seeing it.
Yeah he was on Fresh Air, too. I need to hear The Daily one.

Clean sounds like a typical Adrien Broody flick.
Ha! Indeed. Adrien Broody, have not heard that but totally makes sense.

Barfly and Factotum are both good. I saw Barfly with my grandfather in a theater in NYC in 1987, I was 15. I'd never heard of Bukowski at the time but I knew of Rourke from previous films so I wanted to see it. Definitely left an impression on me.

Last edited:
Reactions: keenfish and Aruka

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019
The Mauritanian
Based on the true story of an innocent man who was held in Guantanamo Bay for 14 years. The acting is unreal, and the main character is a model for perseverance, optimism and forgiveness.

Reactions: Witchipoo

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
You mean this one?

Saw the billboards for that yesterday in Hollywood. Is it as good as this one?
Yes... I mixed the english and portuguese BR titles. lol.

1917 is also excellent, but the other one definitely holds its own. They're similar but also different... the Western Front one is more focused on... you guessed it, the frontlines... trench war. like, 3 million dead to advance 2 meters. lol.