ANYONE SEEN ANY GOOD MOVIES LATELY ?

LipService

OTF status
Feb 10, 2017
I saw Woman in Gold on Netflix last night. Another great true story.

It's a Weinstein film. Maybe one of his last?

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Hereditary, streaming on HBO. From dude who made Midsommar. Good horror film, like the old school kind.

fck that film creeped me out.

i ain't cut out for horror movies.

but, it was quite good. Midsommar was great as well.

LelandCuz

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 21, 2011
Lahaina
First time in this thread so I don't know if it's been mentioned but my girl has me watching Shanteram on Apple TV and it's good. I can't usually commit to a series (I like to do little projects in the evening instead of couch time) but this one has my attention.

Reactions: Subway

scooch

Nep status
Jun 14, 2013
Not sure how old it is but I just watched "Captain Phillips" and thoroughly enjoyed it. True story makes it even more intense.

sickdog

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 5, 2006
To me the best movie ever, even if I hadn't lived in India, and driven the Khyber Pass in a VW bus. Reportedly Connery & Cain's favorite role, as well as fav. movie of director John Huston. Must see, (unless you like chick flix.)

• Love
Reactions: Chocki

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
I didn't care for The Menu (Amazon Prime). Was pleasantly surprised with Elvis (HBO Max) and Wednesday (Netflix). Couldn't get into Andor (Disney+) or Dark (Netflix). I watch too much TV.

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
Wander Darkly, on Hulu. The acting by Diego Luna and Sienna Miller is really good. The way the narrative is filmed keeps an otherwise OK story pretty interesting to watch.
Sienna Miller in Layer Cake is :dancing::dancing:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
The Banshees of Inisherin is great
dude.....

fight me

fkn hated it. kept asking myself...why should I care about any of this?

totally lost on me...beautiful film, great talent, but loathed it

just re-watched Egger's The Witch. epic. loved The Lighthouse. Northman was fkn terribad.

• Haha
Reactions: youcantbeserious