ANYONE SEEN ANY GOOD MOVIES LATELY ?

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
eggs are good for you, if you don’t overdo it...

classic movie!!!
bein' right around thee corner from Vidiots in Doggie~Town,
well i told the kids workin' the surf~shop of 'Pink Flamingos, as i'd seen it on the big screen when young,
they were curious, so i rented it, on vhs, played it @ work on 5 tv monitors as we all made some $$,
esh, i'd prob' get sued for doin' that, now~a~dayz!
hahaha...
:jamon:

"How much is that doggie in the window"!
+
:applause2:

Last edited:
Reactions: donuts

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
I normally love Nolan's movies but thought Tenet was kind of just a dumb Bond-like action flick with a gimmick. The Bond type bad guy put it over the top.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I thought it was really great.

After seeing Parasite last year I searched out all of the Bong Joon-ho movies I could find online.

They are all worthwhile but Mother was a true gem. On par with Parasite if not better IMO.
What does Nomadland have to do with Boon Joon-ho?

I didn't like Parasite. Would have chosen 1917, Jojo Rabbit, Joker or even Once Upon a Time in Hollywood over that film.

ps curious what CutnSnip thought of 1917?

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
30 Monedas on hbo max. each episode is like a frickin movie. epic show if you dont hate on subtitles and people saying gracias with that wierd fancy spaniard lisp thing

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
I thought Parasite was good, but not great. I thought Shoplifters and Us already did a better job saying what Parasite was trying to.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
What does Nomadland have to do with Boon Joon-ho?

I didn't like Parasite. Would have chosen 1917, Jojo Rabbit, Joker or even Once Upon a Time in Hollywood over that film.

ps curious what CutnSnip thought of 1917?
I havent seen it yet. Its on the list but usually not a huge fan of war or history movies where I already know the ending.

Its supposed to be like one whole take from start to finish though no? Thats interesting enough to me where id watch it.

For the record I thought Parasite was amazing. Joker, and Once upon A Time in Hwood too.

Reactions: Aruka

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
I thought Parasite was good, but not great. I thought Shoplifters and Us already did a better job saying what Parasite was trying to.
Parasite was epic for the cinematography and acting also. Shoplifters was memorable also.
Did you see Nobody Knows?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I havent seen it yet. Its on the list but usually not a huge fan of war or history movies where I already know the ending.

Its supposed to be like one whole take from start to finish though no? Thats interesting enough to me where id watch it.

For the record I thought Parasite was amazing. Joker, and Once upon A Time in Hwood too.
Yeah that one whole camera shot in 1917 is really well done and makes for a great unique war movie imho

Jan 4, 2016
Mandy (Nic Cage goes to 11 in this one)
Hereditary
The Night Comes for Us (EXTREMELY violent)
Midsommar

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I thought it was really great.

After seeing Parasite last year I searched out all of the Bong Joon-ho movies I could find online.

They are all worthwhile but Mother was a true gem. On par with Parasite if not better IMO.
Have you seen Train to Busan yet?!?!?!?!?!?!

not Joon-ho, but really fun Korean zombie flick

Reactions: Aruka