ANYONE SEEN ANY GOOD MOVIES LATELY ?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Honeyland was the most depressing movie I've ever seen.
if you watched Honeyland, you should watch the salt movie on prime

less direct human suffering, more of a window in to a very interesting tradition

absolutely BEAUTIFUL cinematography to the point where you wonder how they
caught all these shots (documentary)

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
I'll check it. At least they directors bought the Honeyland lady a house after. Jeez.

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
Rewatching the Sopranos for the millionth time...really doesn't seem to be much out there right now.
dig it too,
i can watch The Sopranos allll day long, in sequence or out, but gotta say, i hated thee ending...

this said,
i really wanna watch 'Lone Survivor' again, as i liked watchin Emile Hirsch,
{he whom used to visit ol' HW surf~shop to get a new Scott Anderson shaped ~Rick Massie stinger off the racks to surf}
who starred as Jay Adams in 'Lords of Doggie~Town', do his thing as Danny Dietz in this gnarly war flick...
:jamon:
:waving:

Last edited:

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
what's up!
my food~coma of a nap, lastin' some 5 hours or so, is over, i'm caffenated on zero~calorie soda, tryin' to get slim,
i'm gonna blaze a bowl of 'Blue Dreams' right now, gonna watch this ol' flick, from 1936, again + giggle:

as i await The Sun to arise:
:beer:

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2021
The Sopranos is so good because of the insane character development and storylines...it NEVER gets old. Walter White and crew is barely re-watchable and The Wire is the only thing close, but it's overall kind of depressing and has barely any of the dark comedy aspects that Tony and co. constantly project.

It's the GOAT

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
The Sopranos is so good because of the insane character development and storylines...it NEVER gets old. Walter White and crew is barely re-watchable and The Wire is the only thing close, but it's overall kind of depressing and has barely any of the dark comedy aspects that Tony and co. constantly project.

It's the GOAT
Wire IMO is the best show of all time. I disagree - I became highly invested in every character but yea similar themes as the sopranos as in theres no good guys/bad guys. You simply root for everyone except maybe stringer bell. Highly re-watchable.

Reactions: Aruka and wedge2

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Wire IMO is the best show of all time. I disagree - I became highly invested in every character but yea similar themes as the sopranos as in theres no good guys/bad guys. You simply root for everyone except maybe stringer bell. Highly re-watchable.

The Shield.

Reactions: mundus

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Apologies if it’s already been mentioned but I really wanna see this...

Ahmed is good in everything I’ve seen him in.

Reactions: afoaf