Anyone ridden a MOTE Fiji?

Sauce

OTF status
Oct 6, 2021
Chiming in since Ledge was mentioned. My xtr ledge I love more than any board I've had but I think the slightly wider dims and beak nose I ordered reduced the big barrely potential in steep beach breaks that I normally surf. However, It eats up points with juice like no other board I've had and loves carving. These types of shapes seem to carry a lot of momentum down the line and require so much less user input for generating speed,which I love. And the paddle power is addicting. I can still use it in waist-chest high days and have fun, but forget turns in those conditions.

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Would you mind sharing a picture of the fins yours came with?
Fins are the need essentials Torren Martyn twin fin.

They're nothing magical. The boards on the other hand.

Reactions: Fernando_costarica

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Chiming in since Ledge was mentioned. My xtr ledge I love more than any board I've had but I think the slightly wider dims and beak nose I ordered reduced the big barrely potential in steep beach breaks that I normally surf. However, It eats up points with juice like no other board I've had and loves carving. These types of shapes seem to carry a lot of momentum down the line and require so much less user input for generating speed,which I love. And the paddle power is addicting. I can still use it in waist-chest high days and have fun, but forget turns in those conditions.
FWIW I like the Album Ledge and Insanity just as much as I like my Fiji. I wouldn't put my Moonstone in the same category but I think it could compare to a Massive maybe? In order of versatility, from most versatile to least, I would rate it like this.

Insanity > Ledge > Fiji

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
What are the board dims? This is one that I am considering for travel later this summer and our winter waves.