Anyone into Single Malt Scotch Whisky?

May 31, 2011
Glenmorangie Lasanta is good for the price if you like sherry. They also have a port finished version call Quinta Ruban that is also good.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I could get down with the first 2, but Johnny blue is the most overrated and overpriced liquor on the planet. I bought a bottle at duty free and it took my years to finish.
When I lived in CR early 90z only whiskey "Carribean side" was red label luckily not to expensive remember scoring a shot or two at bar by hospital after son was born :cheers:

Reactions: grapedrink

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Glenmorangie Lasanta is good for the price if you like sherry. They also have a port finished version call Quinta Ruban that is also good.
The Quinta Ruban was my first purchase. I'm still wrapping my head around it to be honest. Probably should have waited and gone for something more basic instead. I will try the Lasanta eventually, but have others in mind before that.

It's crazy that whisky will taste so different on different days depending on what you ate that day, how you're feeling overall, etc. From my batch the only one I know will always go down easy is the GlenLivet 15... maybe the GlenFiddich 15 too. Glendronach is still my favorite, but some days it's like all I can feel is alcohol and spice. I realized now that when it's one of those days I should just give up instead of wasting good scotch.

My brother in law has a big cabinet with what seems like 100 bottles. I know much more now than I did last time I visited, so I'm anxious to get back there and try a few different drams I can afford and stop spending like it's nothing. If I have the opportunity to try before buying, why the hell not...

tsenn

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 11, 2004
san diego
Surprised a lot of you like MM 46...pretty hardcore...not my fav. Two Bourbons I've liked recently are Wild Turkey Rare Breed Barrel Strength and Michters Small Batch...

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Green is probably their best blend and priced accordingly. It's a blend of 4 single malts. I believe they use Caol Ila, Cragganmore, Linkwood and Talisker.
Cheaper more afordable whiskey plenty of bang good mixed try royal crown :cheers:

Reactions: brukuns

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Canadian whiskey is pretty low priced compared to bourbon, and most of what comes to America is made for export to America. It's mostly shite. There is a growing number of small brands that are decent, IIRC Three Fingers is one that is pretty good, but it's 100% rye, so if rye is not your thing, skip it.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Had a few drams... again... man, the Balvenie Doublewood 12 is really growing on me... so much that it just might take Glendronach's first spot. I might have to get another one, bottle is more than half empty already.

Talisker is more awesome every time I try it, but unlike the glendronach or doublewood that I just wanna keep drinking, with the Talisker one dram is enough... it might be the higher ABV, but I'm not sure... it's just heavier overall.

Glenfiddich 15... meh... fruity and all... but it doesn't even seem like a real whiskey next to the glendronach or the balvenie. The glenlivet 15 at least has the extreme smoothness going for it, but I can actually taste the alcohol on the Fiddich. Might not get another once this is done.

I sure hope I don't transfer my weed substance abuse to whiskey... who am I kidding, it's already happening.