Anyone Else Watching Cobra Kai?

McHatin

Nep status
Apr 11, 2010
What I really dig is that it's a human story. It's not often that you get to see the backstory and upbringing of every character, especially the villains. You see how their challenges and insecurities as adolecents shape who they are as adults, for better and worse, and how they still carry those insecurities with them.

Being surprised with the old characters, often with the same characters, is the icing on the cake :beer: That and the constant Double Dragon soundtrack with every fight scene
Yeah, it's not always black and white, good vs. evil. Each character is in the gray area.

Also, a lot of the main characters they brought back from the original movies aged really well.

Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
haven't got to her yet
Well you're in for a treat :dancing:

For those who have finished season 3, any thoughts on who the war buddy that Kreese called in a favor with at the end? I'm trying to think back at the villains throughout the movies, maybe someone from KK3?

Edit: Quick google search answered my own question, now I remember the guy :foreheadslap:

Last edited:
Reactions: paunch23

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Been watching since the beginning. I'm hooked. And now Elizabeth Shue (80s hottie) guest appearance? Yes please. :D

Had a big crush on Elizabeth in my formative elementary school years after watching Adventures in Baby Sitting.

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
Yeah, it's not always black and white, good vs. evil. Each character is in the gray area.

Also, a lot of the main characters they brought back from the original movies aged really well.
Well you're in for a treat :dancing:

For those who have finished season 3, any thoughts on who the war buddy that Kreese called in a favor with at the end? I'm trying to think back at the villains throughout the movies, maybe someone from KK3?

Edit: Quick google search answered my own question, now I remember the guy :foreheadslap:
Thomas Ian Griffith?

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
Was he a martial arts guy? I remember seeing him in a couple of straight to video action movies in the mid 90's, doing his best Segal impersonation, haha. Yeah, Elisabeth Shue is still hot, did you guys watch "The Boys" on Prime?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Was he a martial arts guy? I remember seeing him in a couple of straight to video action movies in the mid 90's, doing his best Segal impersonation, haha. Yeah, Elisabeth Shue is still hot, did you guys watch "The Boys" on Prime?
Heard about it, worth watching?

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Fkn good stuff. I was almost over it season 3 - can’t disagree that acting is bad and it’s cheesy. But it reeled me in like a sucker when Daniel went to Japan.

McHatin

Nep status
Apr 11, 2010
Fkn good stuff. I was almost over it season 3 - can’t disagree that acting is bad and it’s cheesy. But it reeled me in like a sucker when Daniel went to Japan.
The Tomi Green Mall is for sure not in Okinawa (must have been a spot in mainland Japan). The scenes where it's kinda raining, that's def. Okinawa lol

groovn

Kelly Slater status
Jan 16, 2002
The North Coast
Watched seasons 1 and 2 on You Tube. Season 3 just dropped, about halfway through. Fookin. Epic. Show. :jamon:

Lots of original actors, most notably Daniel San, but arguably more importantly the villains who pepper in throughout the course of show, also with original actor. Intentional throwback to cheesy 80sness that honors and mocks it simultaneously while bringing it into the context and issues of today.

I normally roll my eyes at throwbacks of classic shows and movies that are an artifact of a lack of origin and often fail to do justice to the originals, but this show honors the original and takes it next level.

Now I fully expect to get tons of crap, especially from the same types of sarfers who talk gangs of sh!t about Point Break yet can somehow recite all of the lines :unsure: Bring it, bitches :ban:
My kids are!!!

They're begging me to watch with them, so I bet I'll be watchin' soon!

• Love