Any thoughts on these losers in NSB

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Doing it on a crowded beach is bound to cause drama, These bros were all about it.
Crowded beach?

That beach is mostly empty, and fishing is the most popular recreation in the area, which is loaded with sharks. This is a normal day there.

The woman who took the video is the one causing the drama for clicks/self promotion.

She has you people duped into thinking there's something amiss.

Last edited:
Reactions: _____

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006

More hassle than it’s worth IMHO. But whatever blows your skirt up.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Fish and chips in England is spiny dogfish. I prefer Mako to swordfish and thresher aint bad either.

Reactions: TeamScam

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
I believe biblically fish without scales are not to be eaten. Not kosher. Urinating through the skin/flesh gets shark meat a place on the forbidden list. Presumably.

Reactions: keenfish

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Shark isn't endangered, looks like they dragged it up the beach and stabbed it in the dome based on a quickscan. Eating meat is gnarly.

There's tons of video of people catch-and-release shark fishing who sit there yanking the thing's jaw up, keeping it out of water forever getting it for the 'gram and the shark dies.

I have seen tons of people kill fish they weren't going to eat on purpose. The common saltwater catfish down here has mild venom in its spines and some people kill every one they catch. Others surf fishing won't even bother walking things like jacks or catfish back to the water's edge. They'll just toss them on the sand and let the thing pointlessly suck wind and die, because it's half a dozen steps and they might not be fishing for some bullshit panfish (and pompano on 20# line on a rod that can cast a 4oz sinker is bullshit panfish) for .02 seconds.

There's factory ships finning sharks left and right. Lake Okeechobee is a cesspool with everything except radioactivity that alternately nukes the Pine Island Sound/Estero Bay via the Caloosahatchee, or the lower Indian River Lagoon via the St. Lucie, or the Everglades if it goes due South. All the grass dies and the sh!t that can't leave dies. Virginia or whoever lets any asshole mass-net Menhaden.

Some women are traumatized by people fishing. I released a bullshit needlefish in knee deep water one day and a passerby started curiously wading around me looking for the thing like she was going to give it CPR. It's basically a finned snake with two hedge trimmers for jaws that would shred her hands to ribbons and those of you who see my fishing pics, I'm quick-hitting a blurry shitjob and popping out hooks, rarely touching it and often not even lifting it out of the water.

Although the other night the dumbest sweet and delicious bag of sugar of a gull ever spawned dove on my bone-white and rust-stained skitter walk, made two short runs, I got it within a few feet of the rodtip, realized the dumb motherfooker wasn't even hooked, just wouldn't let the fuck go of the rusty metal treble. It was flapping like a crazed whore or a Brazilian trying to turn a 4 into a 7 or shut the door on the rightful surfer. I kite-steered it in an arc head-first into the fucking sand and the daft sweet and delicious bag of sugar wasn't even fazed. Kept the rodtip down and walked in a circle trying to get my pliers on the damn hook. Sat there calling a bird that Would. Not. Let. The. Fuck. Go. of a rusty hook an ornery feathered sweet and delicious bag of sugar. Finally got a hold of it, the bird let go, and literally hovered over me looking for any opportunity to grab a piece of metal and plastic. Calling those fucking things rats with wings is an insult to bats.

McHatin

Nep status
Apr 11, 2010
At least they didn't gut it and then string the carcass up along a highschool corridor as a senior prank

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I used to do a lot of shark fishing in the decade I was running fishing charters. My preferred method of dispatching sharks was a 12 Gauge Pump Shotgun. I have used a BangStick but they make me nervous for safety reasons. As for the people on the beach, that moronic woman needs to mind her own damned business. Blacktip shark tastes very good but it is key to kill it quickly. Letting it die a slow death ruins the meat.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I got chased out of the water by a GW a few weeks ago that was 3ft + thick, too close to tell how long - but a big fcker, few months ago another one hauling a$$ through the lineup near me 8+ ft from dorsal to rear fin … they are seen on the regular around here n I think it’s totally fckd up to do this to sharks.
You didn’t get “chased”. You saw a shark and got out.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I’m not a fan of shark meat in general but whatever.

On our last fishing day we caught a ray and leopard shark. Threw both back.

We fucking murdered the sh!t out of some rock fish lingcod though.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I used to do a lot of shark fishing in the decade I was running fishing charters. My preferred method of dispatching sharks was a 12 Gauge Pump Shotgun. I have used a BangStick but they make me nervous for safety reasons. As for the people on the beach, that moronic woman needs to mind her own damned business. Blacktip shark tastes very good but it is key to kill it quickly. Letting it die a slow death ruins the meat.
We never used firearms, just flying gaffs and harpoons and tied the shark to side of boat until dead.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
The pathetic thing about the outrage is it's only because it's a shark.

WTF is with the shark lovers out there?

Any other fish it's a-OK

In some circles killing a Marlin or a Permit is grounds for being thrown overboard. The Costa Rica/Guatemala/Panama Pacific Sail/Marlin sportfishing crews switched to circle hooks to decrease release mortality.

Youtube is full of Karens going absolutely apeshit at every demographic of fisherthey. From some kid killing nothing but time on a bank fronting a pond to someone getting a couple fish for dinner and leaving them on the ground instead of stashing them in a cooler - eg out of sight (and mind).

IMHO if this was a black drum, keeper snook, or upper-slot redfish and they dragged it backwards up the beach while social-media-ing some other social media-er would start social-media-ing.

YMMV.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
ok tough guy. It was about 5 Ft away from me n heading right towards me. You understood exactly what I meant

If it makes you feel better - go ahead n use different language to describe thst - go for it, then Go eat a big d!ck!

//
Yes, I know what you meant. You saw a shark and got out. If a shark chased you it would catch you.

I don’t really get the “tough guy” comment. You seem unreasonably defensive about this.

• Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour