Any thoughts on these losers in NSB

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
I believe biblically fish without scales are not to be eaten. Not kosher. Urinating through the skin/flesh gets shark meat a place on the forbidden list. Presumably.
This. I eat a lot of seafood, of all varieties. I don't eat sharks, because I have zero interest in eating meat full of shark urea.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Let’s be clear as fck ok? you understood exactly what I meant, n so does probably everyone else- so why bother commenting except to get a reaction from me?

A predator known to occasionally attack people, w severe consequence, big enough to eat mammals, swims right at you, and is extremely close to you… like I said - call it whatever the fck you want. Notice the second incident i shared Was not described as chasing? & I have seen them in the past and not gotten out.
Why are you being so defensive? You saw a shark and got out of the water. Is this something that is embarrassing to you for some reason?

You seem to be someone who takes issue with the killing of sharks yet you attribute to them malice towards humans (chasing you). Sharks don’t chase people. Saying that they do gives ammunition to the idea that they should be culled. Your choice of language is counter productive to your desire to protect sharks. Yes, certain species are apex predators in their element and when in the presence of one it’s a good idea to remove yourself from its element. What’s the issue with that?

• Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
In some circles killing a Marlin or a Permit is grounds for being thrown overboard. The Costa Rica/Guatemala/Panama Pacific Sail/Marlin sportfishing crews switched to circle hooks to decrease release mortality.

Youtube is full of Karens going absolutely apeshit at every demographic of fisherthey. From some kid killing nothing but time on a bank fronting a pond to someone getting a couple fish for dinner and leaving them on the ground instead of stashing them in a cooler - eg out of sight (and mind).

IMHO if this was a black drum, keeper snook, or upper-slot redfish and they dragged it backwards up the beach while social-media-ing some other social media-er would start social-media-ing.

YMMV.
Old shot of me with a small Mako in the mid 90s. Back then killing Makos this size was normal. By 2010 it was killing them this size was frowned on. Now government says we can't kill any until after 2023 if we're lucky. If I posted a shot like this on social media the Fishing Karens would come out of the woodwork. You gotta kill em to grill em.

Capture.JPG

Man I miss Mako fishing...... There is no bigger thrill in fishing than being hooked up with a big Mako that doing cartwheels 10 feet out of the water. It is something you have to experience to grasp. Marlin and Sailfish are a thrill but a Mako takes them in my humble opinion. I never got a true monster but many in the 100 to 225 pound class.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yeah fighting a decent sized mako is serious adrenaline fishing, especially when a 6-8 footer launches 5 feet into the air a half dozen times as you and the boys try and wear him out

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
We just got back in from fishing Dorado out of Newport on my buddies new kick ass Parker 25. Found the mother load only about 15 miles out. Caught 9. Kept 5. It was a good day fishing close to home. As good as it gets for Dorado in these parts. They don't normally come up the line all the way to where we found them today.
I'll post some photos when I get a chance.
Just beat now and need to eat.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
We just got back in from fishing Dorado out of Newport on my buddies new kick ass Parker 25. Found the mother load only about 15 miles out. Caught 9. Kept 5. It was a good day fishing close to home. As good as it gets for Dorado in these parts. They don't normally come up the line all the way to where we found them today.
I'll post some photos when I get a chance.
Just beat now and need to eat.
I hope you didn't murder any fish.