Animal Kingdom

Oct 20, 2022
Acting is unbelievably hard. You have to be totally vulnerable in front of a construction crew basically. Just forget they exist. Some people have it. Most don't. The hours are insane. In success, you make money but your life changes in ways that are not always awesome. The vast majority of them are judged on their looks alone and as soon as those crack, you're out. If you are lucky you can go into writing or directing, and many do (Shawn Hatosy, who played Pope, directed a couple of my episodes and so did Emmy Rossum who played Fiona and Steve Howey who played Kevin on Shameless). Some are very cool and normal people, most are not. Shawn played a psycho and played it beautifully and in real life he is a very normal dad and husband and super cool. Good skateboarder. He was a kid actor and stayed normal. No idea how.

Seems like a lame gig, but it does not stop every homecoming king and queen at every high school in America from arriving in Hollywood each fall to take their shot. Makes for a lot of attractive bartenders and baristas.
How is Ellen Barkin in person? I think she's over the hill now but 20 years ago she had that hot cougar vibe.

:dancing:

Reactions: hammies

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
The actors get difficult because they are afraid of being taken advantage of.

They feel that being open and friendly makes them vulnerable to abuse.
Or the fact that for your entire adult (and maybe young) life you are told how beautiful and brilliant and smart you are and no one ever says no to you or says your ideas are dumb or you are being an asshole. Plus you have money. Plus you are showered with adoration and attention in public. None of this tends to make you a great person.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Or the fact that for your entire adult (and maybe young) life you are told how beautiful and brilliant and smart you are and no one ever says no to you or says your ideas are dumb or you are being an asshole. Plus you have money. Plus you are showered with adoration and attention in public. None of this tends to make you a great person.
I read some where where hot chicks are super intolerant to not being given attention.

I try not to give my students too much advice but I always tell them not to be a dick just because they can.

That's a good one.

I would think the word would get out when people are difficult.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
When I started getting interested in girls my grandfather (old Saticoy avocado farmer) told me "treat the princesses like whores and the whores like princesses and you'll do fine"

I was waaaaaay too young to hear that but he wasn't wrong
Ha!
Growing up I had a friend whose step father gave us that exact same advice. My friends response to this was: "so you're saying my mom's a whore?" Good times...

Oct 20, 2022
The actors get difficult because they are afraid of being taken advantage of.

They feel that being open and friendly makes them vulnerable to abuse.

It's about state regulation too.
I was thinking more like she was a cokehead or something.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I read some where where hot chicks are super intolerant to not being given attention.
I went to a couple of high school reunions and saw so many of the smoking hot but arrogant chicks in HS turn out to not have aged well, and many of the not-hot but beautiful on the inside chicks grow up to be great lookers too. God is good, and karma is a bitch.

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
I went to a couple of high school reunions and saw so many of the smoking hot but arrogant chicks in HS turn out to not have aged well, and many of the not-hot but beautiful on the inside chicks grow up to be great lookers too. God is good, and karma is a bitch.
One of my little hanai daughters was a quiet, in the corner bookworm. Didn't really play too much with her friends at the beach in Hanalei, liked to camp, etc but just a quiet girl, even in her teens.
Now she's a Mom, got herself out of an abusive, physical relationship raising her daughter, still on her own and she's out and about with her girl and loving life and Mom's a looker too!! She trips me out but I love her and her sister, who used to get in all kinds of trouble. :roflmao:

Reactions: john4surf

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
NFW ...
Neither needs Teacher abuse!! ;)

:roflmao:
But I'm beloved.

Today someone's water valve was broken up the street and the whole street was flooded.

So I found the source of the flooding, a broken PVC pipe.

I knocked on the door but the people weren't home.

Their whole yard was flooded. So was the street.

I went around the side of the house and found the main shut off valve and shut it off and saved the day

So along with being beloved, I am a hero.

Whenever I do that I have this anticipartory receptivity to adoration and appreciation but it never comes. :dancing:

I wonder if fire fighters get that feeling

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: npsp and grapedrink