Animal Kingdom

Oct 20, 2022
Fun fact, we actually only ever filmed that as an exterior, the actual bar was a set on the Warner Bros. lot
Thats what I thought, but man those actors had to go back and forth a lot long distance for shoots.

Where was the location of smurfs house with the party pool?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
i thought the first few seasons were average then it got better - didnt like the Pope flashbacks all the time in last season

always tough to portray surfing on the screen

BIg Wednesday only one who got it right?
Blue Crush

TheEl

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 31, 2010
If anyone as much as finger bangs a wookie in oside, Auto has to sniff it.

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
Yes @NewportToobs Smurf house was built on the Warner Bros. lot (ranch actually). They tore down the Waltons house to build it. Crews built it in 27 working days. Functional electric and some plumbing, plus the pool. Crazy.

@Autoprax We would block shoot in Oceanside - three one-week trips where we picked up stuff from several episodes. We did the same thing on Shameless. Film the Alibi Room bar, the Gallagher house etc on the lot and then go to Chicago three times to shoot exteriors, whatever.

Agree with @Truth, Big Wednesday and Apocalypse Now are the only things from Hollywood that have done surfing right haha

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
@Autoprax We would block shoot in Oceanside - three one-week trips where we picked up stuff from several episodes. We did the same thing on Shameless. Film the Alibi Room bar, the Gallagher house etc on the lot and then go to Chicago three times to shoot exteriors, whatever.
Sometimes I think, "yeah, I could act".

Then I remember that the scenes aren't shot in sequence and you're staring at cameras, with a group of humans staring back it you. Then I think, "maybe not"

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Sometimes I think, "yeah, I could act".

Then I remember that the scenes aren't shot in sequence and you're staring at cameras, with a group of humans staring back it you. Then I think, "maybe not"
When a camera points at you it feels like someone is pointing a gun.

Some people are naturals.

Some can learn the craft.

And some can never learn.

When people are good it looks effortless.

When they are bad, its so obviously bad.

You want to be doing plays since elementary school.

Drama fags rule!

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
Acting is unbelievably hard. You have to be totally vulnerable in front of a construction crew basically. Just forget they exist. Some people have it. Most don't. The hours are insane. In success, you make money but your life changes in ways that are not always awesome. The vast majority of them are judged on their looks alone and as soon as those crack, you're out. If you are lucky you can go into writing or directing, and many do (Shawn Hatosy, who played Pope, directed a couple of my episodes and so did Emmy Rossum who played Fiona and Steve Howey who played Kevin on Shameless). Some are very cool and normal people, most are not. Shawn played a psycho and played it beautifully and in real life he is a very normal dad and husband and super cool. Good skateboarder. He was a kid actor and stayed normal. No idea how.

Seems like a lame gig, but it does not stop every homecoming king and queen at every high school in America from arriving in Hollywood each fall to take their shot. Makes for a lot of attractive bartenders and baristas.

Makule

Michael Peterson status
Aug 31, 2004
Somewhere between heaven and hell
animal-kingdom-deran-adrian.jpeg
Acting is unbelievably hard. You have to be totally vulnerable in front of a construction crew basically. Just forget they exist. Some people have it. Most don't. The hours are insane. In success, you make money but your life changes in ways that are not always awesome. The vast majority of them are judged on their looks alone and as soon as those crack, you're out. If you are lucky you can go into writing or directing, and many do (Shawn Hatosy, who played Pope, directed a couple of my episodes and so did Emmy Rossum who played Fiona and Steve Howey who played Kevin on Shameless). Some are very cool and normal people, most are not. Shawn played a psycho and played it beautifully and in real life he is a very normal dad and husband and super cool. Good skateboarder. He was a kid actor and stayed normal. No idea how.

Seems like a lame gig, but it does not stop every homecoming king and queen at every high school in America from arriving in Hollywood each fall to take their shot. Makes for a lot of attractive bartenders and baristas.

Must be if you had to do a scene like this!!!!:dancing: