American Values......

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Well individualism is certainly baked into our American ethos, but more and more individuals are becoming flaming assholes every year, and at some point they're going to attain critical mass.

So there's that.
well put - they have become the problem. walking contradictions, each and every one - the ifalls of this country - house cats who think they are lone wolves.

Reactions: hal9000

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
If you identify as a liberal democrat, then you believe that everyone is equal. Tucker is no different than you.
Actually, funny story that a good friend's stepmom was Tucker's mother's art curator. Trippy, random sh!t that I only found out recently but I find it humorous that I sat at Tucker's mother's artsy table more recently than him. :roflmao:

Reactions: hammies

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
all the "rugged individual" stuff is way past tense - the stuff of mythology, at this point. the day when you could strike out on your own and stake a claim, clear a field, build a house, make a life etc etc without existing in the greater framework of American society are long over. we are to a great extent, mutually dependent on each other and society to function - clinging to romantic notions of a life that is no longer possible is not realistic and those values are wildly impractical. and the only people who think they can are auditioning for reality tv shows. sorry guys, you really didn't build that all by your self, it really does take a village etc etc.
Ok comrade

1660767827929.jpeg

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I'm pretty sure that was always a myth. People lived in villages and built cities pretty much as soon as America became a thing.

I think my favorite American myth is the rugged individualist cowboy myth.
The hell of the north eastern cities drove the frontier

now you’re practicing revisionist history

• Love
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I will tell you what is not American, state legislatures being able to overturn the will of the states voters. Exactly what is happening in Republican shitholes.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I will tell you what is not American, state legislatures being able to overturn the will of the states voters. Exactly what is happening in Republican shitholes.
Actually it’s happening in Dem shitholes

Makule

Michael Peterson status
Aug 31, 2004
Somewhere between heaven and hell
Values were ruined by democrats years ago to get more tax dollars.

They destroyed the nuclear family in the 50's and everything else has been going down hill since then all by design.

If you’re NOT cheating, you’re NOT trying hard enough.

-Richard M Nixon, Spiro Agnew, H.R. Haledman, John Ehrichman, John, Mitchell, Charles Colson, Gordon C. Strachan, Robert Mardian, Kenneth Parkinson, Donald Trump, Rudy Giulani, Mark Meadows,, Matt Gaetx, Ted Cruz, Alex Rodriguez, Barry Bonds, Rafael Palmeiro, Manny Ramirez, Ryan Braun, Fernando Tatis Jr, etc, etc