Amazon layoffs?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
We got some crazy courtly intrigue going on at my work.

PYscopaths trying to outsmart pyscopaths.
here one of the psychopaths has developed a relationship with a well-placed HR person and used that to passive-aggressively needle their direct manager...it's one of the wildest things I've seen in my career...there's a whole telenovela going on and it's surely going to backfire spectacularly

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
here one of the psychopaths has developed a relationship with a well-placed HR person and used that to passive-aggressively needle their direct manager...it's one of the wildest things I've seen in my career...there's a whole telenovela going on and it's surely going to backfire spectacularly
Periodic updates plz and tx. My company is so normal. I’m sure there are little dramas and romances and whatever that play out, but overall everyone gets along. I don’t think we get a lot of hard core office politicking and Machiavellian type action.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
There was an article in a business journal about how much damage the shitty worker does to a company.

I can see it.

We got a couple here that are full on going for it. just working the system.

They will assert until they are checked and then sue.

I just keep my head down and teach my classes.

But it's full on crazy going on behind the scenes.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I have a friend who went to work for Amazon repairing and maintaining robotics at their Philadelphia and NJ distribution centers. At Amazon they automate everything they can to eliminate humans. Increases efficiency and cuts down on human workplace HR nightmares for sure.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I have a friend who went to work for Amazon repairing and maintaining robotics at their Philadelphia and NJ distribution centers. At Amazon they automate everything they can to eliminate humans. Increases efficiency and cuts down on human workplace HR nightmares for sure.
Pretty soon we will be working for the robots. We're almost there now.