Alex Baldwin killed his DP!

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
whoever put that bullet in that gun is guilty. Everyone there was doing what they were supposed to be doing. Everything there was doing what it was supposed to be doing. That bullet was simply not supposed to be there and whoever put it there is guilty.
How about whoever hired the scab inexperienced underpaid armorer who put the bullet in the gun?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
No matter how much you hate Baldwin(so do I) for making fun of Don the Con or any other reason, this all on the armorer.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
No matter how much you hate Baldwin(so do I) for making fun of Don the Con or any other reason, this all on the armorer.
He’s got huge civil liability on this one

He has a great Trump imitation. But clearly he sucks ass as a producer

Criminally I agree. Although I have heard some lawyers say he’s not out of the woods on manslaughter

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
How about whoever hired the scab inexperienced underpaid armorer who put the bullet in the gun?
This.

It’s doubtful that Baldwin, even as a producer was involved in below the line personnel decisions and hiring of the crew. Thats on the Line Producer and UPM. However as a producer and the lead actor he surely was aware of the fact that the union camera crew walked off the show and was more than likely aware of the reported gun misfires earlier in the week. He had the power in both of his positions as producer and star to shut the whole show down until they made things right with the crew, including their safety concerns and he didn’t.

Reactions: Aruka and npsp

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
As someone who knows nothing about movie production, I am surprised that the person who pulls the trigger isn’t responsible for the impact of their actions
I’ve seen lots of guns fired in movies, but never thought about this concept before
Sucks all around

Last edited:
Reactions: npsp

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
As someone that works behind the camera, it could have been you.
Which is why he knows more about this type of thing than any of you yahoos. Myself included, I spend very little time on set.

In other news I got dailies for a scene with a gun yesterday, nobody was injured and nobody died. My crew is professional and we don’t cut corners when it comes to safety.

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
I haven't read back on this thread, but I did hear yesterday that he was supposedly practicing drawing a gun when it went off.
Is this true?

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
the union/scab issue seems irrelevant unless it leads to a malicious motive by someone to put a bullet rather than blank in the gun

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
As someone that works behind the camera, it could have been you.
Yes, it could have been me. Though the last thing I shot that involved guns, fake guns and digital muzzle flashes have been used. Just as well, since the scene called for the shootee POV angle.

Again, there are scenes where actors point guns at the camera or slightly off. Which is were a director and DP normally sit.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
I haven't read back on this thread, but I did hear yesterday that he was supposedly practicing drawing a gun when it went off.
Is this true?
Drawing a gun? Why that’s almost as deadly as drawing Mohammed!