Alec Baldwin is living his best life while Ex-officer Kim Potter found guilty of two counts of manslaughter for fatally shooting Daunte Wright

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Well, the reality of police work is that in the heat of battle, your body produces stuff that makes you want to kill. That's just human nature. So how do you keep from getting into those situations in the first place? I don't really blame a lot of these guys who shoot unnecessarily for the shooting. The blame lies in the acts that lead up to the shooting.
This and there also far too many psychos working as cops.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
This and there also far too many psychos working as cops.
I honestly don't know how you get rid of that trait - I mean, it's a highly dangerous job and I think you probably need a bit of a loose screw to jump in.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I honestly don't know how you get rid of that trait - I mean, it's a highly dangerous job and I think you probably need a bit of a loose screw to jump in.
Accountability and consequences. The conservative love for cops is the most absurd bit of cognitive dissonance ever.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
The training/screening represents an increased cost to the taxpayer. I'm fine with my rent going up because property taxes went up because police training budgets increased and applicant screening has costs associated with it. Or paying more for fishing lures and sh!t because sales tax went up.

I'm in the minority though. Florida is slap-full of people on public sector defined benefits packages crying the blues about the taxes back where they're from, which pays for them to live in something better than a cardboard box and eat something better than cat food tacos.

The "Defund the Police" hurts our feewings line is a bit much.

What'll Kim Potter get, 7 years? I have a suggestion for a rather obnoxious cellmate for her...

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
The training/screening represents an increased cost to the taxpayer. I'm fine with my rent going up because property taxes went up because police training budgets increased and applicant screening has costs associated with it. Or paying more for fishing lures and sh!t because sales tax went up.

I'm in the minority though. Florida is slap-full of people on public sector defined benefits packages crying the blues about the taxes back where they're from, which pays for them to live in something better than a cardboard box and eat something better than cat food tacos.

The "Defund the Police" hurts our feewings line is a bit much.

What'll Kim Potter get, 7 years? I have a suggestion for a rather obnoxious cellmate for her...
A little harsh, honest mistake it seems, 3 years for me and probation.

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
I find Joe's sudden love for directors of photography creepy and puzzling. :unsure:
It's always cool when you have a photography hobby and you can interact with a master of the craft. Also having a sister-in-law that's a Producer and a daughter that's a production manager gives me a little bit of background on the industry. At those levels, the cream tends to rise to the top so I admit there's a little bit of hero-worship there.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
If you're thinking Amber Guyger, it'll work better if she's in the cell one floor directly below...
It was a reference to Alec Baldwin. I don't know who is really at fault for the death on set but I would find it unsatisfactory if there were zero consequences AND zero changes to how this sh!t is handled.

If it's nobody's fault this time, fine, I guess, not really, but okay. But the whole process seems a bit flimsy if a gun that will be pointed at a human being and discharged for filming is also used for plinking sh!t between takes on the set or whatever.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
It was a reference to Alec Baldwin. I don't know who is really at fault for the death on set but I would find it unsatisfactory if there were zero consequences AND zero changes to how this sh!t is handled.

If it's nobody's fault this time, fine, I guess, not really, but okay. But the whole process seems a bit flimsy if a gun that will be pointed at a human being and discharged for filming is also used for plinking sh!t between takes on the set or whatever.
Oh gotcha. Alec Baldwin can still be her cellmate then.

Someone definitely has to pay the piper for that shooting. That whole scenario sounded like absurd levels of negligence, which you would think Hollywood would have learned from.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
not really sure how Alec Baldwin (if he has never owned/handled a gun and live ammo) would even know how to see the difference between a live round and a blank. No context.

he's probably also a victim in the situation.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
It’s a max charge of 18mo, he’ll get a slap on the wrist IF found guilty.

there’s a lot of finger pointing to do in this case but the original premis of the thread is just:unsure:

Reactions: plasticbertrand

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Baldwin is being charged with involuntary manslaughter

that's bananas

the armorer is going to get the book thrown at her

Between armorer and ammo supplier, somebody should go to jail.

Armorer's lawyers claiming it was a sabotage is nuts.
It's still her duty to check the gun before handing it over to actors.

I just hope this is the end of functioning guns and ammo on set. No need.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Between armorer and ammo supplier, somebody should go to jail.

Armorer's lawyers claiming it was a sabotage is nuts.
It's still her duty to check the gun before handing it over to actors.

I just hope this is the end of functioning guns and ammo on set. No need.
Some Reich Wing nutjob put a real bullet in the blanks to get back at Baldwin. Oh thats a movie in itself. Knives Out!