Album Surfboards

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
let's see those jizz ropes.

how does the channel feel in comparison to a Plasmic?
Same? I had one turn today that I was surprised whipped so well cause I knew I was a bit in front of the fins. Makes sense that maybe the quad is a lil more forgiving than the twin as far as getting your foot all the way back.
With the quad and a bit more length (it’s HH on me), I’ve had this out in a couple HH days when I probably wouldn’t grab the Plasmic. Vesper rocker seems fairly versatile.
I thought the quad + the Plasmic channel might be too much grip/ tracky, but as usual, Matt’s found the sweet spot of placing the fin boxes so it’s loose and responsive- but never slides out.

pretty restrained jizz ropes. Just a couple splashes and drips. Maybe it was his second or third one that day. :shrug:
IMG_6184.jpeg

Last edited:

nickpheous

Michael Peterson status
Apr 8, 2008
Huntington Beach
The bigger vespers I felt up in the shop seemed like a lot of foam for the length. They have a vesper mini which squashes down the length. Personally, I’d try that and size it like a quad fish.
Yeah that's what I emailed Matt about. Something around 5'8. I think it over for a bit. I was originally looking for something for sloped wave faces with some push (ie HB at high tide, Bolsa, Oside Harbor) but based on some responses this may not be a good fit.

That vesper dia you have looks nice! I The bom dia is my current favorite in the quiver

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Same? I had one turn today that I was surprised whipped so well cause I knew I was a bit in front of the fins. Makes sense that maybe the quad is a lil more forgiving than the twin as far as getting your foot all the way back.
With the quad and a bit more length (it’s HH on me), I’ve had this out in a couple HH days when I probably wouldn’t grab the Plasmic. Vesper rocker seems fairly versatile.
I thought the quad + the Plasmic channel might be too much grip/ tracky, but as usual, Matt’s found the sweet spot of placing the fin boxes so it’s loose and responsive- but never slides out.

pretty restrained jizz ropes. Just a couple splashes and drips. Maybe it was his second or third one that day. :shrug:
View attachment 174031
Weird for a board to break diagonally like that. That rail ding looks nasty. They could have at least attempted a colour match on the repairs. Did you get it cheap?
:roflmao: :cheers:

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
fwiw, the plasmic is not really a groveler.

its crazy easy to stroke into waves and lets you pack enough foam to practically use it as a SUP but a slow fat faced NCSD reef wave does not bring it to life and inspire ripping or trimming. you’re still just waiting for the bowls to do something spicy.
This is so true.

Reactions: lofatkilla

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
Sounds epic Chilly1! Did you stick around the stock width and thickness?
21 1/2 x 2.88 Custom dimensions, I fluctuate around the 225 mark, this thing is thick, like a boat paddles like one too, but feels way more nimble than you would think.
Sadly, some donkey bailed his enormous plank directly in front of me as I was flying down the line a couple of days ago, with nowhere to go, surprisingly I didn't think I had a ding until I pulled it out of my car today, cracked tail. :mad:

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: j_mac and Aruka

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014

View attachment 174031
Why don't you wax the rails too?

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13

View attachment 174031
Those are Matt's signature "I already banged your Mom" jizz ropes

But seriously that looks fun as fook

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
perhaps he meant so your hands don't slip. I used to never slip getting up and made fun of friends who waxed their rails.

Now I wax my rails :foreheadslap:

Aug 29, 2014
21 1/2 x 2.88 Custom dimensions, I fluctuate around the 225 mark, this thing is thick, like a boat paddles like one too, but feels way more nimble than you would think.
Sadly, some donkey bailed his enormous plank directly in front of me as I was flying down the line a couple of days ago, with nowhere to go, surprisingly I didn't think I had a ding until I pulled it out of my car today, cracked tail. :mad:
Sucks, you may have to kick that donkey.

I too am goon sized so appreciate the dim info.

Reactions: chilly1