Album Surfboards

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Holy sh!t!

The smallest they have is a 6'0 at 35L?

Mongo dims.
yeah, well, I was told to go from 5'10 TMST to a 6'4 or 6'6 Vespa so apparently they intend it as a cheater almost mid/stap… so I’m now thinking it may be most similar to a plasmid (also with that magic channel) but the swallow would hold a bit more in better surf

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
I didn't ask for Vespa dims, that was more a feeler for what step recs would be. Twinsman at 6'4 (my height) would imagine 6'8 would be in my realm. With a 6'10 Moonstone (still waiting to get dialed after months of dreary surf) think Vespre would be too much overlap. Still as nice as they look, and the Magic channel, and presumably low rails, this will sound blasphemous, most of the Margo footage looks kinda catchy. Probably like mid lengths the feel better (in the right conditions) than then look on video.
Looks like that channel and Margo are involved with Th Delma, any reports on this?

encladd

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 8, 2019
yeah, well, I was told to go from 5'10 TMST to a 6'4 or 6'6 Vespa so apparently they intend it as a cheater almost mid/stap… so I’m now thinking it may be most similar to a plasmid (also with that magic channel) but the swallow would hold a bit more in better surf
I felt one up. Really interesting. The swallow is soooo deep. Kid at the shop mentioned the deep swallow kinda allows the tail to flex a bit more through turns. Seems like a great board for bigger dudes.

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
Quick thanks to everyone who said to put CCkeels in the moonstone...surfed it in knee to waist high peelers this am and it went unreal...realizing that I was fighting the upright fins I was running. Actually looser and way more drive...

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
So far I’ve owned a 5’5 plasmic, 5’7 lightbender, 5’8 twinsman and 6’3 moonie. Sold off the lightbender.

plasmic is the far ahead winner for smiles and always ends up in the truck.

wouldn’t mind trying a lightbender in Varial but I think it would still significantly overlap with the plasmic/twinsman or plasmic/moonstone combos.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Plasmic east and lightbender pretty much directly overlap. Basically same nose/tail widths in similar dims. LB is more fishy, drivey and front footed. Plasmic is more pivotal and rippy and rear footed. Hard to beat the magic channel in the Plasmic but I have some great memories surfing the LB in all sorts of different waves.

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
Has anyone asked them what the new Victor Secret Menu is/deets?

http://instagr.am/p/CvgEbtoPITJ/
I have a 5' 9" coming here soon, though I traveling later this week so it might have to sit at their shop until return in 2 weeks. I was considering getting a shorter BomDia or Freewing, and the Secret Menu came up as having more rocker than both of them, though still CA rocker.

Reactions: spjones123

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
I have a 5' 9" coming here soon, though I traveling later this week so it might have to sit at their shop until return in 2 weeks. I was considering getting a shorter BomDia or Freewing, and the Secret Menu came up as having more rocker than both of them, though still CA rocker.
Are the dimensions similar to the Bom Dia? width and volume at a given length

Reactions: j_mac

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Asym or sym?

Thruster or quad?

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
Are the dimensions similar to the Bom Dia? width and volume at a given length
This is what Matt said....
"It's ridden in what would be pretty standard SB dims - Victor rides it 5'9"-5'10" x 18.75"-19" x 2.44"
He's 5'9" 170 lbs,
has more of a california rocker, deep concave under the hood
slight beak nose snuck into an HP shortboard
tri fin / squash tail - have done a couple round tails for him too"

Based on this I asked Matt and let him adjust based on prior boards that work for me...
"If it is SB dims, I am thinking 5’ 9”x19”ish up to 19.25”, and if it is foiled then around 2.5” thick. Around 30L works well for me."

@jkb - symmetric, thruster