Album Surfboards

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
I thought the takeaway was that beach breaks were for 13 year olds who get dropped off by their mom to go surfing. :p
Shout out to D Street!

I like mine in BB too, but it's OB. Typically not as fast and dumpy as a NCSD BB. I'm 6'3 and riding a 5'7. Compared to boars I'm used to, it's super snappy, pivoty, and goes vert easy. I'm slicing and dicing on this thing. Maybe the other posters were riding boards too long for their height :shrug: You definitely have to surf it hard off the tail or the front end will dig in tight hollow pocket.

SD_Dan

OTF status
Jan 23, 2019
Shout out to D Street!

I like mine in BB too, but it's OB. Typically not as fast and dumpy as a NCSD BB. I'm 6'3 and riding a 5'7. Compared to boars I'm used to, it's super snappy, pivoty, and goes vert easy. I'm slicing and dicing on this thing. Maybe the other posters were riding boards too long for their height :shrug: You definitely have to surf it hard off the tail or the front end will dig in tight hollow pocket.
I typically really like short chunky boards but usually close to my normal volume. I have faith that I’m gonna love the shorter og plasmic but time will tell.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Last edited:

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Feb 3, 2015
LA County
Fin recomendations on a shorter swallow tail Twinsman? Yolo'd a 5'6" Varial Twinsman that arrived last week. Started with the Asher Pacey 5.59s I already had and seems like it lacks in the drive department/ slides too much. Was looking at the Album NVS uprights but the base doesnt seem all that much bigger?

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I tried a lot of different fins in my TM, these NVS ones went best. Are these the uprights? I'm 6'1 x 195 and riding a stock 5'8.

Reactions: Woke AF and Aruka

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I think those are the one's @JonnyAvenues is referencing @racer1 . I dig them in my Lightbender. I'm still playing with fins in my Twinsman. I liked the NVS Album but they felt a little small. 6'3 x 180lbs. on a 5-10. I will probably go back to them again now that I'm getting more used to the board. NVS Fascination template felt better than expected. Loved the stability and drive and didn't feel tracky but they definitely drew the turns out a bit. Would like something that would keep the stability but pivot off the bottom a bit quicker. Kinda tempted to try the NVS Doc Tallboy but suspect they are a bit big.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
gave oeste back two boards today and he insisted I take his TMST so both of us can compare the sparkplug.

and my album shapers fins came in the mail today. perfect timing.
@oeste858 is a generous dude! he's letting me borrow his lightbladder and aipa fish for my mini ghost. or... is he recruiting us to hide his ever-expanding quiver from the wife?? :unsure:

gonna wait for some waves this weekend/next week to try the lightbladder, but if I like it, I'm gonna order a thiccc boy dims 5'8

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
yeah he's awesome. it's really nice trying something before throwing down some coin.

That lightbender is gorgeous in every way. I wouldn't mind giving it a go some day.

If he's hiding them from the wife he just needs to put masking tape with someone else's name on the board bag. See honey, those aren't mine!

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Tedshred5 and SBD garages are now locations 4 and 5 for boar storage. Can’t believe they figured that out. Great idea about labeling the bags with random names! Stocked to trade, try different boars, and compare notes. Most of my friends that sarf could care less about boar design. I’m out here tryin to do my own research!

The rest of you clowns, stop dicking around with Twinsman fins:
Set it… n forget it!
[Also, they are probably the most reasonably priced thing you can yolo from albums site]
Love them in TM , LB, and Townsend

Edit: YMMV

Last edited: