Album Surfboards

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
What a fantastic thread this is! I started catching up on page 60 at the height of the YOLO frenzy. By page 72 I was playing the Smiths, Cure and exploring some hardcore such as the misfits.

There are reports of glassing and sanding imperfections (not all boards), however everyone seems really stocked on the way the boards surf.

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
Things escalated quickly back there with the peak being @waxurDyl adding a twinsman when he was picking up something else. Fun times.
Yes fun times, and more fun times ahead for you now that you have reached the next level of design enlightenment with fins re-foiled for board.

The tiny little gap in the front of one of them is not going to make any difference to performance and I don't think you live in a place where seaweed catches in gaps - this was a problem in with the old FCS round plugs in Santa Cruz. Casa is right about the likely reasons for the gap, most of the time we don't notice because with Future thruster fins the leading edge does not extend beyond the lug unlike the wide based twin fins.

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
@griffinsurfboard not sure if I thanked you already, but the reco on the Asher pacey fins turned out to be magic on my twinsman rp. Been riding them exclusively since. Would you consider trying a custom hand foiled asym twin setup?
I also picked them up based on the recon, and enjoy them in my JT Coffin. When the walls got a little steeper, stuck a couple of those Futures TMF's in.
1626096764260.png