Album Surfboards

Toobz

OTF status
Oct 8, 2013
South Oz.
Tried it today with the fins it came with (Album TA set). Went like dog sh!t. No drive and twitchy.

Put an EN twin on the toe side and Stretch quads (Futures hot pink ones) on the heel side.

Big improvement.

It looks like Halloween candy.
I don’t mind the heel side quads but as a set I agree, they’re pretty average. That toeside twin just doesn’t work for me, no drive and slides all over the place. Far too easy to overpower.

Salty Merchants upright twin (pretty huge fin) with Album quad on heel works great. Christenson keel also worked fine.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I don’t mind the heel side quads but as a set I agree, they’re pretty average. That toeside twin just doesn’t work for me, no drive and slides all over the place. Far too easy to overpower.

Salty Merchants upright twin (pretty huge fin) with Album quad on heel works great. Christenson keel also worked fine.
Yeah, I pushed right through the Album toe side no matter how much I tried to nurse it.

Might try my Merrick keel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toobz

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
The Stretch quads heel side went best with a longer base twin fin too, for me on my Fascination. Agree the TA Album asym set feels squirrelly

Reactions: MathDebater

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Interesting. Normally I lean towards large or XL fins but I don’t mind the TA asym set at all. I’ve been meaning to try swapping in my en and maybe some larger quads but never had enough motivation. Maybe my surfing is just 2 wimpy.

Reactions: Aruka

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
few more thoughts on the plasmic in fairly mediocre late spring surf -

fins: CC uprights, NVS album, CF Elmore

CC felt too stiff unless standing all the way back, which is a bit of a shuffle when you’re throwing cheater 5 ninja poses on a slow reef peeler that finally hits the bowl section you want to hit. They kinda turn the board into a keel fish but I want to give these another go as they were the first set I tried.

NVS had some twang off the top and way less stiff than CC set. But the fins feel way different coming around, maybe it’s the NACA foil im noticing? Didn’t dislike but still wanted to try other sets.

Elmores are good and loose but less squirts of speed and shooting out in front of the foam ball is no longer assumed. Let you surf in the pocket, and really tag the first section instead of its tapering shoulder but had issues yesterday setting up the second hit, seemed like I was losing tons of drive coming off the bottom after the first cutback, but maybe it was just the wave fattening up, or just my surfing of the day, but it was incredibly frustrating to bog the rail a few waves in a row following a very satisfying first turn.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
For those of you still tuned in, I tried the AMT set in the twinsman and well damn if it isn't the funnest yet.

Top 3: AMT, Stretch Twin and Album Apex.

I also got a set coming from Florida that I'm excited about.
Did GG agree to mod your EN's?

Dibs if you don't like them and I can't get him to do mine.