Album Surfboards

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I'll tell ya in a couple of weeks. I tell ya, this oeste is a good guy!

Can't wait to ride the aipa
I’m curious what you think of it.
@sdsrfr I got a huge crush on the Akila so I think it can do no wrong if conditions under head high and not super hollow. After trying a lot of different stuff, it’s my ideal small-average wave board I’ve found so far. Rails are nicely foiled whereas the Plasmic has chonky rails. IMHO There’s something more there than it appears #sorcery
Plasmic is a fun short n stubby- much more similar to others I have.

Edit: Of course it could just be the dank lightning bolts on the pad that came with the aipa.

Last edited:

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I'm horrible with design crap but the aipa seems to have the rails tucked pretty far to a moderately sharp edge. I'm intrigued. really like the foil on it. Hopefully gets wet tomorrow.

And forgot to mention. Dank ass bolts!!!!!

Reactions: retodd and oeste858

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I’m curious what you think of it.
@sdsrfr I got a huge crush on the Akila so I think it can do no wrong if conditions under head high and not super hollow. After trying a lot of different stuff, it’s my ideal small-average wave board I’ve found so far. Rails are nicely foiled whereas the Plasmic has chonky rails. IMHO There’s something more there than it appears #sorcery
Plasmic is a fun short n stubby- much more similar to others I have.

Edit: Of course it could just be the dank lightning bolts on the pad that came with the aipa.
What dims are the two? Iirc both are kinda big and in the “super groveler” portions for you?

quite curious to get my hands on mine. rode my banjo fish over the weekend, just so id have a fresh relative comparison in meager surf. It’s 30L and by comparison to the plasmic, which I think will fall into the high 33-ish range, it’ll seem anemic.

funnily, last board id been riding is my stonk 5’7 lightbender, which iirc is 32-ish liters and the banjo still felt like more foam. I’m guessing probs bc of the sensitivity in the lightbender’s tail by comparison.

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
My plasmic is a grovel machine. It has so much get up and go speed off the bat that I dont take it out in anything over shoulder high. Thigh to chest is it's sweet spot, imo. Makes the waist high days so fun. Make sure to throw slightly larger twins in than the lightbender needs.

Reactions: Aruka and sdsrfr

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
My plasmic is a grovel machine. It has so much get up and go speed off the bat that I dont take it out in anything over shoulder high. Thigh to chest is it's sweet spot, imo. Makes the waist high days so fun. Make sure to throw slightly larger twins in than the lightbender needs.
Wut finz you running?

was thinking of going with the CC uprights for the first sarf.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
What dims are the two? Iirc both are kinda big and in the “super groveler” portions for you?

quite curious to get my hands on mine. rode my banjo fish over the weekend, just so id have a fresh relative comparison in meager surf. It’s 30L and by comparison to the plasmic, which I think will fall into the high 33-ish range, it’ll seem anemic.

funnily, last board id been riding is my stonk 5’7 lightbender, which iirc is 32-ish liters and the banjo still felt like more foam. I’m guessing probs bc of the sensitivity in the lightbender’s tail by comparison.
my plasmic is 5'8, pretty much what I would've ordered. I'm 6’, 180+ rn, so wouldn't go any smaller. It surfed how I had hoped. I'm impressed and suspect it has a better upper end than marketed.
Akila is bigger than I would've ordered (longer), I think 5'10-11. It feels great but could lose 2-3" off the length, which is what I've asked for on my custom. Anyway, IMO the AA just surfs more like a HPSB (which I don’t really surf anymore <HH, so take that with a grain of salt LOL), while the Plasmic is more fishy/skatey. Both great.

Last edited:
Reactions: sdsrfr and Havoc

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
It appears Matt's not a fan of Noelle Salsa. Someone asked if an Album review was coming...Salsa said:

"I also spoke to Matt Parker at Album and he said “ he doesn’t see the value in our board reviews.” Sorry I tried... his boards look good too."

LOL

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
What he really said:

we are too busy for bro deals and you aren’t in line with our core brand messaging.

im sure if salsa paid full price and wasn’t playing secret industry gremlin, he could do a board review just fine.

I give Parker points for shutting down the salad bowel.

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
It appears Matt's not a fan of Noelle Salsa. Someone asked if an Album review was coming...Salsa said:

"I also spoke to Matt Parker at Album and he said “ he doesn’t see the value in our board reviews.” Sorry I tried... his boards look good too."

LOL
Yup....no need promo him a board when Matt sells them for absolute top dollar in less than 24hrs