Album Surfboards

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
How's the fit on this $965 Album Mens Classic Moto Jacket? Recommendations on sizing?

The staple for your closet, built to last. Handmade from the finest heavyweight durable Italian naked-grain leather. Fits true to size. Made in the USA from the finest hand-selected materials.

L o L

So rebel. So cool paired with a beanie worn inside out.

lofatkilla

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 13, 2004
VENTURA, CA
I have a 5'10. I'm 6'2 180-185. It's pretty refined. Has plenty of float but not boaty at all.
If your'e used to surfing smaller fish though this might feel too big.
With that said I'm gravitating more and more toward surfing my Twinsman RT over any other board at the moment.
It goes well in pretty much everything unless it's a full on grovel wave, in which the Manta covers that.

Reactions: trifish and Havoc

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
wow he really packs the foam
imo, it’s hidden well. my lightbender does not feel like 31L. quite sensitive off the tail and doesnt feel like it‘s gonna wheelie if you find yourself in a narrow stance.

had I gone custom i would have trimmed off some thickness but after riding stonk I have no regrets keeping the extra foam.

matt told me to keep my plasmic chonky since there is tons of sensitivity in the tail and it should be surfed off the back.

edit: kinda have to remember some of these are based off Asher’s feedback and he seems to ride incredibly short but thick boards.

Reactions: Havoc

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
It's a pretty unexciting and well known tale and pretty much any shaper who's been around can tell you it. The short version: a computer, marketing skills, and a cool looking glass job go a long way.

"I was picking up boards from the glasser and there's tons of boards with these pricey glassjobs lined up...I asked who it was...I had never heard of this guy."
Nah, thats not it.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
How's the fit on this $965 Album Mens Classic Moto Jacket? Recommendations on sizing?

the staple for your closet, built to last. Handmade from the finest heavyweight durable Italian naked-grain leather. Fits true to size. Made in the USA from the finest hand-selected materials.
L o L
just more trash for the hipsters to gobble up :barf:

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal

The staple for your closet, built to last. Handmade from the finest heavyweight durable Italian naked-grain leather. Fits true to size. Made in the USA from the finest hand-selected materials.

L o L

Made in the USA, would be nice @ $400....

Reactions: Havoc

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Made in the USA, would be nice @ $400....
...this is why we can't make nice things here. Consumers gotten used to overseas-made prices

edit: F-k that poser wannabe biker jacket BTW. If you're riding an album, you'd be beat up like a grom by any real biker who could pull off that jacket! But yes, I respect he's thinking outta the box and not just licensing pads and leashes from china.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Yeah, I don't think that's a price point that exists for American made leather jackets.