Album Surfboards

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
Don’t like the price or paint job but in clear PU

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
Bullet update: Finally rode it in some fun waves this morning. Stomach-shoulder high semi-glassy beach break with some decently long lines. 5'6 x 19 x 2.38 PU 4/4/4. The board rips. Rode it as a 2+1 with MR fins. Effortless paddling even though it's 2-3L less volume than my other Albums. Super fast. Turns over on rail with ease and can also be tossed around for more snappy sections/turns. I bought it as a small-ish wave HP board, and it performs as such. I would imagine it can handle some bigger surf, depending on how you size it. Since mine's a 5'6, HH is probably as big as I'll go with it.

For those of you who've had a RNF96, I think the Bullet would be pretty comparable based on things I've read about the RNF. I had an RNF, but it was too big and I ended up selling it quickly after, so my feelings about it are skewed.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Bullet update: Finally rode it in some fun waves this morning. Stomach-shoulder high semi-glassy beach break with some decently long lines. 5'6 x 19 x 2.38 PU 4/4/4. The board rips. Rode it as a 2+1 with MR fins. Effortless paddling even though it's 2-3L less volume than my other Albums. Super fast. Turns over on rail with ease and can also be tossed around for more snappy sections/turns. I bought it as a small-ish wave HP board, and it performs as such. I would imagine it can handle some bigger surf, depending on how you size it. Since mine's a 5'6, HH is probably as big as I'll go with it.

For those of you who've had a RNF96, I think the Bullet would be pretty comparable based on things I've read about the RNF. I had an RNF, but it was too big and I ended up selling it quickly after, so my feelings about it are skewed.
do you like it better as quad or 2+1?

Reactions: j_mac

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
Bullet or dia?
Damn you, that’s a tough one. I think there’s room for both. The way I sized my Bullet, it can handle more of the low end than the Dia, and on the flip side, the Dia can handle more upper end surf. There’s definitely some overlap in between, so the conditions/wave shape would be a deciding factor in which board I grabbed for CH-SH surf. Soft/mushy would probably go to the Bullet. Punchy/steep would probably go Dia. They also feel pretty different under foot with the quad/asym vs the 2+1 so that could be a factor as well based on the feel I was after for a particular session.

Reactions: tcureton and j_mac

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Album’s The End model looks pretty fun underneath Jack Freestone’s feet in the the short Rhythm video. Stocked to see our local style master Hudson Ritchie getting some rather high profile exposure in the video with Jack.

Apr 25, 2015
$1500 for an XTR Plasmic that you could order direct from XTR for less than $1k...

• Haha
Reactions: sdsrfr

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Album’s The End model looks pretty fun underneath Jack Freestone’s feet in the the short Rhythm video. Stocked to see our local style master Hudson Ritchie getting some rather high profile exposure in the video with Jack.

Looks more fun at a shorter length rather than the longer one Asher was riding- looked too stiff.
I had a tiny CC that was similar double-ender quad disc that I loved. Still need to get that updated by someone like Mitsven in a bit longer gentleman’s length like 5’8-5’10.

Reactions: ChaseTMP and j_mac

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
Just pulled it out of the box. 5 weeks from order to doorstep.

PU 4/4/4 5'7 x 18.8 x 2.4 Matt suggested these dims based on my positive feedback of the Bom Dia he made me. Under arm test feels really good. I'm psyched to ride it. Supposed to get a NE'er cleanup late Friday and into the weekend :applause2:

I plan on starting with a Shapers 5.59 AP twin (my favorite twin fin) and the quad rears I run in the Bom Dia: Futures Neutral, size Large. Thoughts?

IMG_3019.jpg

IMG_3020.jpg

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Just pulled it out of the box. 5 weeks from order to doorstep.

PU 4/4/4 5'7 x 18.8 x 2.4 Matt suggested these dims based on my positive feedback of the Bom Dia he made me. Under arm test feels really good. I'm psyched to ride it. Supposed to get a NE'er cleanup late Friday and into the weekend :applause2:

I plan on starting with a Shapers 5.59 AP twin (my favorite twin fin) and the quad rears I run in the Bom Dia: Futures Neutral, size Large. Thoughts?

View attachment 166763

View attachment 166764
5 weeks. Wow. Was this one of the unlimited customs or standard ones?