Album Surfboards

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
Anyone ride a Disorder asym?
Its my DD (one of). Current one is my 4th iteration (6-2 x 20.25). Frist was 6-0 x 19.75 in XTR. Used it as a step up-ish. Served me well during NJ tropical season. Second one was the one Mathdebater had. Low end DD, like he said. 3rd was during my upsized transition (6-2 x 20) in Varial, but still wanted more foam. 4th, after dialing it in so much, went with Varial carbon. 6-2 x 20.25 x 2 9/16. I use the T1 fin with NVS Dan Mann fins. This one will be with me for a while. The guy who has my first one still texts me occasionally about how much he LOVES it.

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
My 3-fin Disorder is 5' 6"x19.6"x2.56" (31L). I oversized mine, so it is a little chunky but works well for its size. It has good flow, parallel outline with wideish tail that provides nice inherent speed. I love the way it pivots (at least frontside) and its easy to go rail to rail. It has a decent concave, more than the Twinsman and less than Bullet. It has a flat tail. The flow and pivot are a standout, when it goes it feels effortless. It paddles great. However, I find the blunt wide nose with its rocker reduces the wave catching slightly. You need that extra paddle stroke, where other boards seem to grab earlier. It is not horrible by any means. It is more that the 5' 7" asymmetric, quad GOAT with a normal nose catches waves very well.

The 5' 7" GOAT is easy board to surf with more performance and has a pretty good range. In these dimensions, the Disorder is also easy, but I am a bit more selective in the conditions I will surf it, and not the biggest waves.

With the chopped nose, and tail, and parallel rails, it supports wide outline, hence you can go smaller than think. Knowing this now, I placed a custom order for a Disorder that has more appropriate dimensions @ 5'6 x 18.5" x 2.38" around 27.5 L. This one will be more in line with a performance shortboard.

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
Any ride reports on the album x TA quad fin set?
I like the look of the template and could see them in my quad fish.
Also, they seem like a total bargain compared to the bronze sculpture
NVS Album quads are like the NVS uprights - they simply work. I have only recently been tinkering with quads in Insanity, Goat, and Mini Ghost, tried a few different fin combinations (various future fins) and the NVS quads are the best. There are few combinations in the 6' 2" Stretched Insanity that I like better owing to the board length. With the Mini Ghost, I initially preferred it as a quad and the NVSs felt best, but more and more liking it as a thruster.

Reactions: MathDebater

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
NVS Album quads are like the NVS uprights - they simply work. I have only recently been tinkering with quads in Insanity, Goat, and Mini Ghost, tried a few different fin combinations (various future fins) and the NVS quads are the best. There are few combinations in the 6' 2" Stretched Insanity that I like better owing to the board length. With the Mini Ghost, I initially preferred it as a quad and the NVSs felt best, but more and more liking it as a thruster.
thanks. do we know if the NVS template is the same as TA version?

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
nice, I was wondering how the Album quads would go in the MG. Just switched the Hayden quads out and put them in mine. Ran the TA Album twins without a trailer in the RNF96 this morning.

@oeste858 i believe the NVS are slightly larger than the TA

6A44A5B8-B2ED-49F3-8B84-715511E84B8B.jpeg

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
nice, I was wondering how the Album quads would go in the MG. Just switched the Hayden quads out and put them in mine. Ran the TA Album twins without a trailer in the RNF96 this morning.

@oeste858 i believe the NVS are slightly larger than the TA

View attachment 129707
Trace these on a sheet of graph paper , give values for area change and movement of that area in relation to pressure - you will not like what you see . The real world of design does exist , possibly not in surfboard fins

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Trace these on a sheet of graph paper , give values for area change and movement of that area in relation to pressure - you will not like what you see . The real world of design does exist , possibly not in surfboard fins
You assigning homework now??
LOL

please offer us your quad fins in futures and we don’t have to trial and error this crap. Pretty please.