Album Surfboards

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
speaking of fins, been loving these Shapers PT fins in Townsend, Twinsman RP, PlasmEgg, and now Lightbringer. Great balanced feel IMO, does what I want them to, and I just don’t have to think about them- which is a good fin to me!
View attachment 122187
Nice! I have tried the 5.8" Ashers in a few boards. I figured the NVS Album uprights were similar to the 5.6" Ashers. Anyone have both to compare. I can post a picture later between the 5.8" and NVS fins. Did you get a new lightbender or this the same one?

Reactions: trifish and sdsrfr

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
can I get a quick rundown on the different plasmic templates? what's a plasmic east? really liking my plasmic but I think I need to tweak the dims a little...there's so much volume on mine mid to front and I keep hitting that eject spot alot...lol
Dunno you’ll ever get a clear cut answer. Album seems to release subtle updates here and there without notice and also does the Biolos-style Mashups witb their other models.

from what I’ve seen there are like 3 stubby versions and the mid-lengths.

1. OG plasmic, which a few of us have, myself included.
2. EAST plasmic, @Aruka has
3. somewhere between the og plasmic and the EAST plasmic, I think whoever ordered it from XTR recently with no wings and different tail than OG.

mid-length plasmics, paging @oeste858 as there are more than a few and he has one.

i agree with what you say about chonky foil up front. I got used to dealing with it but it throws off things when switching back to a more hpsb foil, for sure. Even switching to the lightbender, with beak and forward foil, feels a little odd at first.

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
speaking of fins, been loving these Shapers PT fins in Townsend, Twinsman RP, PlasmEgg, and now Lightbringer. Great balanced feel IMO, does what I want them to, and I just don’t have to think about them- which is a good fin to me!
View attachment 122187
Those sound neutral and great!

Are those the same as these?:https://albumsurf.com/collections/accessories/products/shapers-x-album-twin?variant=39508665499708

I don't see Shapers PT on Abum or Shapers site?

Reactions: oeste858

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Those sound neutral and great!

Are those the same as these?:https://albumsurf.com/collections/accessories/products/shapers-x-album-twin?variant=39508665499708

I don't see Shapers PT on Abum or Shapers site?
yes that’s them. Just yoloed another pair cause mine got pretty banged up on low-tide reef and had to do some sanding (might be visible in the pic). Have to remember I’m not Mase- or at least not getting free fins like him.

I picked up MrSteves new lightbringer from Varial a few months ago. It’s 5’10 I believe.Yet to have a bad time on it.

edit: hard to read, but looks like 5’10 x 20.6 x 2.6

Last edited:

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
yes that’s them. Just yoloed another pair cause mine got pretty banged up on low-tide reef and had to do some sanding (might be visible in the pic). Have to remember I’m not Mase- or at least not getting free fins like him.

I picked up MrSteves new lightbringer from Varial a few months ago. It’s 5’10 I believe.Yet to have a bad time on it.

edit: hard to read, but looks like 5’10 x 20.6 x 2.6
Thanks, O!
Ya, I jus yolod a set too, per recommendation, stoked on the positive feedback you posted and that you run them in all of your Album quiver. I've got a Twinsman and Varial Plasmic heading my way. Stokingly, from payment, a swift 7-week turnaround!
Anyways, looks like between the Shrapers and ENs I will be ready to commence!

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
I've got a Twinsman and Varial Plasmic heading my way. Stokingly, from payment, a swift 7-week turnaround!
Anyways, looks like between the Shrapers and ENs I will be ready to commence!
Interesting... I have a Disorder and Townsend from Varial going on 4 months now

1641867301311.png

Edge looks a bit wonky, but doubt its anything us average Joe's would notice, if anyone at all

Last edited:

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Last edited:

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
All these names are melting my brain. Whats next a TownShark. Board does look fun tho
Reading this, all I could envision was the old SNL Land Shark skits. I’m old and not going to pull up YouTube footage to confirm before posting, but I remember them being kind of funny.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: j_mac and trifish