Album Surfboards

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
I went down the fin rabbit hole on the 6-6 townsend a while back. Ran AMT's for a while and actually really liked them for bowly beachbreaks and tubes. Waves where I didn't have to work too hard for speed and wanted to stay more in the pocket. Nothing I've thrown in there has felt bad, just different. I think overall I still prefer something like the Fascination or the Album x Alkali twins that are a little more swept back for the amount of drive and hold they provide. I'm about 185lbs. just for reference.
if u could only run 1 set in asym townsend, which would it be? those alkali ones are almost 2x price as anything else

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
if u could only run 1 set in asym townsend, which would it be? those alkali ones are almost 2x price as anything else
i've mostly ran the fascination set in my asym. i like the built in drive of the semi keel style fins for that board. i think if it was longer than 6-8 i might prefer it with a more upright set. my 7-2 allan gibbons channel twin felt a little stiff with the more raked out fins so i've been running TA and other upright templates in it. still haven't ridden it in point waves though so maybe i would prefer a keel or semi keel in long runners.

do you have some twin sets to play with or a template that you prefer already?

Last edited:

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
i've mostly ran the fascination set in my asym. i like the built in drive of the semi keel style fins for that board. i think if it was longer than 6-8 i might prefer it with a more upright set. my 7-2 album felt a little stiff with the more raked out fins so i've been running TA twins. still haven't ridden it in point waves though so maybe i would prefer a keel or semi keel in long runners.

do you have some twin sets to play with or a template that you prefer already?
new to the twin game. was gonna get a set of the gemini 5.45 ones since thats what matt recs. i'll get a set of the fascination ones too. :cheers:

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
For what its worth the Gemini set has been by far my fav in my shorter round tail Townsend. I like my boards loose fyi and always struggle turning a little with longer rails/pins unless i run smaller fins. These gave me noticeably more pivot and playful feeling on the face

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
new to the twin game. was gonna get a set of the gemini 5.45 ones since thats what matt recs. i'll get a set of the fascination ones too. :cheers:
In my 7'2 Ledge, I started with the AlKali Smalls. Felt like I was dragging a small dog behind me. 70/30 foil, yikes
Put in my NVS Apex upright twins board came alive. Bought some NVS Taylor Knox twins to see how they go, waiting for surfable waves.

Reactions: Aruka

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
In my 7'2 Ledge, I started with the AlKali Smalls. Felt like I was dragging a small dog behind me. 70/30 foil, yikes
Put in my NVS Apex upright twins board came alive. Bought some NVS Taylor Knox twins to see how they go, waiting for surfable waves.
I’m running the Knox twins in my Twinpinsman.

Bueno.

Reactions: Woke AF

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
You might try the new Albums by Shapers (black n white ones). Only ridden a couple times in small surf, but good so far. YMMV. I’ve realized I apparently like a more upright fin than many seem to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Havoc