A perfectly clear argument for vaccinations.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
You mean less hard than the common flu? Not to mention that I got it from a vaccinated person.
Bullshit, Enjoy not being able breath right for 2 weeks moron? You sure owned the libs just like your iHerman Cain award winning ilk.

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
You mean less hard than the common flu? Not to mention that I got it from a vaccinated person.
Did you know that people who get the flu shot generally don't get hit by the flu nearly has badly as those who don't?

I get that being sick for 2 weeks was a political statement and therefore worth it to you. I'm just wondering if anybody here knows ANYONE who got the vax and still got sick for 2 weeks like you did.

• Love
Reactions: afoaf

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Bullshit, Enjoy not being able breath right for 2 weeks moron? You sure owned the libs just like your iHerman Cain award winning ilk.
Yawn. Ever had a bad cold linger for a couple of weeks or more?
Bottom line is my risk of death or hospitalization was that of being struck by lightning. Heard a statistic today but don't know the source that hospitalization among healthy people under 60 was one in 54,000 cases.

I get that being sick for 2 weeks was a political statement and therefore worth it to you. I'm just wondering if anybody here knows ANYONE who got the vax and still got sick for 2 weeks like you did.
Where did I say it was a political statement to get sick OR not get the vaccine? You may take it that way but that is not how I ever viewed it. That's your issue.....not mine. I took a very minor calculated risk based on the information available. To this day I can count the people I know who were hospitalized for Covid on one hand and I don't know a single person who died of it. I did know one person who's death was directly related to his second dose of Moderna. I also know a number of others who the vaccine caused them to miss one to three days of work with fever and chills.

Big deal.....I got something slightly worse than the common cold and was less severe than two instances of flu in my adult life.

You guys act like covid is a death sentence. Get a grip.

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Bottom line is my risk of death or hospitalization was that of being struck by lightning. Heard a statistic today but don't know the source that hospitalization among healthy people under 60 was one in 54,000 cases.

Where did I say it was a political statement to get sick OR not get the vaccine? You may take it that way but that is not how I ever viewed it. That's your issue.....not mine. I took a very minor calculated risk based on the information available. To this day I can count the people I know who were hospitalized for Covid on one hand and I don't know a single person who died of it. I did know one person who's death was directly related to his second dose of Moderna. I also know a number of others who the vaccine caused them to miss one to three days of work with fever and chills.

Big deal.....I got something slightly worse than the common cold and was less severe than two instances of flu in my adult life.

So Gromsdad does not know anyone who got vaxxed and got sick as badly or worse than he did with covid. Anybody else?

• Love
Reactions: sirfun and afoaf

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
This thread is filled with perfectly clear arguments for vaccinations. It's not filled with perfectly clear arguments against other than fREEdUm!
This is the crux of the matter and nobody wants to address it.

I've heard thousands of arguments about "fascism and authoritarianism" but nobody can actually say why not just get fucking vaccinated.

It's because the whole thing is a toddler tantrum, that's why.

Reactions: Norm' and mundus

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Settling in for a late afternoon "Gromsdad getting dunked on" show
I get that being sick for 2 weeks was a political statement and therefore worth it to you.

So Gromsdad does not know anyone who got vaxxed and got sick as badly or worse than he did with covid. Anybody else?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Does anybody know anyone who got vaccinated and still got hit with Covid as hard as Gromsdad did?
One of my jiu jitsu instructors got hit with Delta when it first rolled around. Double jabbed Pfizer.

Hospitalized for 5 days and it took him about 3 months to get back to a semblance of normal. IMHO, he’s still kind of fucked up by it. He basically hasn’t been the same since. It’s like he aged 10-15 years.

I know quite a few people who have gotten covid recently (late December through present) and there doesn‘t really appear to be any correlation between how sick they get and their vax status. Obviously (it should be obvious) it‘s kind of difficult to make any concrete determination one way or the other based on this.

I have no idea how sick G‘sD got so…

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I do know people who got vaxxed and still got sick. I can count the total number of people I know who got seriously sick on one hand. A number of my co-workers who were vaccinated got sick. A couple of days but yes they did get sick.........guess what, they missed just as many or more days of work than I did. I just worked from home......worse yet, they are employees on the clock so those missed days cost them a lot more than me working from home.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Another false claim.

From Twitter straight to erBB

Zero fact checking, zero shame.

Amazing.

PS I haven't had a cold or flu in many years.
Vaccines don't work I guess.

Reactions: hal9000