2020 can fck off!

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Bro, you are stocked. I was worried I wouldn’t know what to do with a little girl, but daughters are the best. From what I’ve seen with our friends, way easier than boys in the younger years.

• Love
Reactions: PRCD and racer1

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
My kids are now in their 20s, both in grad school. Goes fast! It was just last week they were little rugrats and the day before that just a twinkle in daddy's eye.

Love your kids, teach 'em to be kind and love everybody, and yours will be a life well lived. And too many kids seldom or never hear "I love you" from their dad, so tell 'em!

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Congrats racer!
love swing pics of you with your kid on the boogie board
look forward to seeing the little girl out there with you!

• Love
Reactions: racer1

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I got one of each 13 months apart 4 and 5 years old. Girls are more focused, calm and sweet. Boys are fun but hyperactive, destructive, clumsy, combative, and overall just a handful. Everyone tells me the situation flips in the teen years.
Yeah I tell new parents, everyone is different. Son (16) has always been super mellow, easy, rule follower.

Daughter (13) was difficult from the get go. Stubborn, independent, challenging, moody, lol. I will say she's great at school. She's a different person with just me. I take her camping and she's amazing, completely independent and no BS that I deal with at home.

it's crazy, my kids are only teenagers and I look at new parents and it seems like so long ago.

emmohl80

Nep status
Oct 17, 2010
Congrats! Girls are rad! I got two. My oldest just turned 9 and regularly whoops up on the boys on the soccer field.
Everyone told me girls were easier but she's def a smart strong willed little lady!
Being a girl dad is the best!.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I have three boys and the violence and injuries are constant. I wanted to keep trying for a girl but my wife said we’d probably have another boy and she couldn’t handle another. 3 boys together are nine times as dumb with the stuff they try - it seems to follow a square law. That said I’m glad you are having a girl b/c I have boys. Should they all make it to adulthood they will need wives. If you’re interested, let’s talk turkey/dowry.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Daughter (13) was difficult from the get go. Stubborn, independent, challenging, moody, lol. I will say she's great at school. She's a different person with just me. I take her camping and she's amazing, completely independent and no BS that I deal with at home.
My daughter's turning 11 in a couple months and so much this. Volatile(!), especially in the afternoons/early evenings, pretty much when she gets done with school. If it gets worse when she turns a teenager, holy hell. :roflmao:

But yeah, daughters can take up your hobbies just as well, even more so. It is awesome training with my daughter for her first official 5K. She has done two earlier with Girls on the Run but those are closer to fun runs. She starting trying to go down the line on her boogieboard, claiming barrels that never happened, but really stocked for her - learning to surf up here is very difficult but both kids love the beach/ocean. Going to Hawaii next week will be great for them too - reminded them many times the water is 30 degrees warmer!

With multiple kids, try to run errands with only one at a time. As calm/chill/well behaved as they might be on their own, they feed off each like a pack of Tasmanian devils when together. :drowning: