Search results

1. SD_Dan

YOLO ALERTS

I think you posted an SD fish from him somewhere. That thing looks fun. May have to order one.
  2. SD_Dan

what board would you immediately buy again if it broke today?

FW Sweet Potato…Not joking. It is the perfect board for the heavy, middle aged kook such as me trying to surf in mushy waves whose best move is going straight and fast with the occasional off balance cutback.
  3. SD_Dan

Palm Springs Surf Club

Has anyone gone since they reopened? How was it?
  4. SD_Dan

Album Surfboards

Here you go: Twinbender: The Twinsman in a lightbender outline. A modern fish with some enhanced performance. All the user friendly speed and easy performance you get from a Twinsman, but in a fishier platform. Similar to the Lightbender, more width carried throughout and a beak nose. Allows you...
  5. SD_Dan

Pyzalien 2

I had the standard Pyzalien but I’d get an XL in XTR or another alt construction if I got another. Mainly since I surf in CA if I was in Hawaii or somewhere with stronger waves I’d do the standard.
  6. SD_Dan

***Official Surf Podcast Thread***

I thought it was funny when Benji asked if Firewire was built in China and if Dark Arts are built in Thailand. :roflmao:
  7. SD_Dan

XTR

it use to be a couple times a year but I haven’t seen anything since they updated their website and upped the prices last year. Still they’re competitively priced compared to lots of other options.
  8. SD_Dan

Tomo MPH

I’m 6’1 190 mediocre surfing ability. Had a 5’6 Evo and 5’7.. I liked the 5’7 better. The lift due to the channels reminded me of the Plasmic a little however plasmic is better imo.
  9. SD_Dan

XTR

I had a few stringered XTRs with the standard glassing schedule. My recollection is that they felt similar to PU with 4/4 glassing. Maybe a tad lighter.
  10. SD_Dan

Help me decide on a board

I had the og pyzalien and the squished down version of the twinsman. I thought the sweet spot for those was chest to overhead and really liked both of them. Pyzalien is a user friendly Shortboard. Twinsman performance twin sometimes found back foot placement tricky but clicked with both boards...
  11. SD_Dan

Tomo MPH

12. SD_Dan

***Official Surf Podcast Thread***

The episode with Alex Villalobos from a while back is also really good.
  13. SD_Dan

Slater Designs Great White Twin

This lady was ripping on her great white the other day.
  14. SD_Dan

Album Surfboards

I admire how comfortable and stylish he looks surfing such a wide variety of boards. Amazing.
  15. SD_Dan

XTR glassing question

I’m around 190 and have had a few XTRs. All were stringered 644. Those went good for me in terms of weight they were lighter than poly but not as light as dark arts. I have never surfed a dark arts board but picked up a few and they seem noticeably lighter than the xtr boards I’ve had.
  16. SD_Dan

Boardroom 23’

Thanks for the report. Is Firewire phasing out their other techs? Looks like those boards are all volcanic.
  17. SD_Dan

*** Official 2023 Community Surf Journal ***

I feel your pain.
  18. SD_Dan

*** Official 2023 Community Surf Journal ***

Dear Ocean, Please send waves. Thanks
  19. SD_Dan

Moving San Diego

Boardsource is great.
  20. SD_Dan

Album Surfboards

I heard these plates pair perfectly with the AP sunstone. Only question is should I get them in Dark Arts or Varial?