Search results

1. flyinraptr

The ***Official*** tell us your ayahuasca retreat stories thread

LOL .... Casa .. you're awesome! I'll bite ... but first i need to know WTF is ayuhuasca?
  2. flyinraptr

Show me your legs.

Really? Duffy posts a leg thread and this is the best you can come up with?
  3. flyinraptr

Surfer run over by fishing boat at Colorado's

No have been an elliptical maniac .... from way .... back
  4. flyinraptr

what board would you immediately buy again if it broke today?

MR/Mayhem Cali Twin ... without a doubt Ghost .... hmmmmm jury still out
  5. flyinraptr

Surfer run over by fishing boat at Colorado's

Surprised this hasn't shown up here yet ... a couple of days ago ... a visiting surfer ... was run over by a fishing boat while coming in from a surf session. It was life threatening ... he was rescued by several people and then air lifted to Miami for an operation to save his leg. I have...
  6. flyinraptr

*** Official Fin Thread ***

Just crossed my mind .... and i'm not even doing bong hits at the moment .. but didn't you post not long ago that you ride your Ghost with AMT fronts and two nubsters in a quad configuration? Curious ... if you've given up on that setup?
  7. flyinraptr

Can we talk about extra virgin olive oil?

No ... use it all the time when grilling .... whether beef, chicken or mahi mahi ... i usually coat a thin layer of extra virgin olive oil on before putting any seasoning .... helps keep the seasoning on, seal in the juices and also from sticking to the grill grates.
  8. flyinraptr

Yeah ... you're probably right its what it was designed as .... gonna try it again with the Machado thruster set in better waves ... went pretty well the first time with them in small conditions ..... right now though ... can't seem to put the Cali Twin down .... yesterday ... had a couple of...
  9. flyinraptr

Leash strings

I bought a new leash today ... my old leash is fine i just wanted a new LEASH STRING!
  10. flyinraptr

Thx for the feedback .... great advice .... i picked up the Ghost at the beginning of our off season .... so in all fairness ... i haven't had a chance to really see how it goes in good waves ... season is just getting underway now. My plan for this season ... a two board quiver ... the Cali...
  11. flyinraptr

MR/Mayhem Cali Twin .... running Al Merrick Keels ... 3 or 4 days ago board/setup just f*cking rips - i love it. More relative to this post i have been experimenting with fins on a new Ghost for a few months .... have found a thruster set (Machado's) that seem to click but not a big thruster...
  12. flyinraptr

I believe the rears i have are 80/20 ..... pulled in tail ... standard 5 fin box placements. The set i've been playing around with is a Roberts med set .... fronts have the V2 foil. I think they are a neutral fin but have a very narrow tip ... the rears are more on the rakier side. I've...
  13. flyinraptr

Tony Roberts on a Vernor

Yeah - i surfed PDs a lot when i lived there .... there would be 40+ people in the lineup at Colorado's and only a couple people at PDs on many occasions but i don't miss the many beat downs getting smoked by clean up sets or trying to fight the current getting back out. My go to spot now ...
  14. flyinraptr

Theoretical question for the quad fans out there .... let's say you're trying to dial in a board .... mixing front and rear fins .... you've got it to a point where everything feels good except it is lacking drive to your liking. You want to add more but don't want to make it overly tracky or...
  15. flyinraptr

Tony Roberts on a Vernor

Panga's is often compared to Sunset ... especially when it gets into the 5'-6' range .... big peak .. big drop .. long wall .. thick wave. Having lived at Sunset many moon's ago ... from my memory i'd say the comparisons are accurate .... Panga's doesn't get as big as Sunsets gets though ...
  16. flyinraptr

Tony Roberts on a Vernor

D@mn straight! The shortest board i've ever attempted to ride at Colorado's was a 5'10" retro fish shaped by Barry Snyder. This was probably 5 years ago .... it was solid 5'-6' ... there were probably 10-15 guys on the main peak ... i paddled to the left of it thinking i could beat the crowd...
  17. flyinraptr

Happy Birthday PPK!

Happy Birthday Amigo!
  18. flyinraptr

Tony Roberts on a Vernor

Colorado's is probably the shortest and easiest paddle to get to the lineup of any spot in Nicaragua. Try it with that short of a board at any other spot when there's a swell or even Colorado's when it's firing .... and i'd be impressed if a person even made it out to the lineup regardless of...
  19. flyinraptr

Tony Roberts on a Vernor

F*cking lame .... there's a crew at Hacienda Iguana that is so Instagram full of themselves ... f*ck it i'll stop there ...
  20. flyinraptr

Chris Ward aka "Psycho Ward"

From the descriptions and the stories ... it sounds like he is living in the wrong generation ... the irony is if he had been part of the 50's, 60's or even early 70's generation would probably be considered as just another surfer of that time and possibly even celebrated as one of the classic...