Search results

1. S

How many surfs before you ditch a board?

At my spot we'll joke each other with "Didn't see your fins" when someone catches a good wave. It hurts. Kicking the fins out without speed is kooky though it's also part of the learning curve for vertical surfing. You see little kids doing it and the next thing they're doing is airs and blow...
  2. S

A chat about the AM1/AM2 fin template.

For me in East Coast closeouts they are a bit hard to get to release i so I like upright fins more.Roberts and TPs are my faves.
  3. S

Varial RIP

Sadly, the DEI department was the first to be let go. And once again, my people feel the pain of generations past.
  4. S

What's your favourite alternative board video?

There was a video 5'5 something or another, it's pretty good, clip below. TC rides a long shortboardish thing with crazy fins. My favorite surf vid section. As a beachbreak surfer the Asher Pacey one makes me want to surf out front on anything rideble on a board that will get me going. Searching...
  5. S

Heinrich Surfboards

6. S

Kolohe Andino - No longer on O'Neill

KA is an OG to the young guys but the what ifs probably stung a bit. KA didn't have to deal with the pressure of the cut back then so that wasn't a weight on his shoulders. Was the competition easier or harder to beat in KA's first year?
  7. S

Kolohe Andino - No longer on O'Neill

2% might bring tax advantages more than hopes of income.
  8. S

How should a shaper handle this?

First t!ts then board. This is the way.
  9. S

Varial RIP

Rumors for some AU big name(s) were blanks made and cut in or closer to China. Then those got shipped to AU and finish shaped + glassed there. That allows the Country of Origin to be Australia. So maybe not an Aussie blank on all brands they sell in US.
  10. S

parmenter MICRO STUBBY reviews?

what are those?
  11. S

Longest you have waited for a custom order?

I have seen a few deer in the headlights looks coming from adult learners that didn't know how to duck dive. The deer hunters were the rednecks that worked in the machine shops that I bought parts from and in the factories where I worked (injection molding, nuclear fuel, and fiber optics)...
  12. S

I'm not sure what y'all do for professions but those factors exist in all manufacturing. The beginning of deer season is one of them in my parts.
  13. S

Only truly bad experience I've had with a shaper was when one told me a date that my board would be ready since I wanted it for spring break. Believing in what he said I started to drive to his city to pick it up. Before I could make it out of town I rearended a car while talking to my friend in...
  14. S

Family is important as it should be for everyone. Surfing is important because that's why they are shapers. The board in front of them is important because it has been paid for already and has to get out the door. All customers are important but answering emails is probably not most shapers...
  15. S

Apologies if that was Rob. I help when I can between other gigs. He might miss seeing and answering one or two himself when I'm not available. I go back and look for those he missed that got buried between invoices and misc correspondence. He's not on email all the time like us in the corpo...
  16. S

Seems like a ba-a-a-a-d idea

1,185.00 New Zealand Dollars = 728.59649 US Dollars
  17. S

Noel Salad XTR10 review

It's Mick
  18. S

older designs are still relevant

Some people say brands have too many models. Personally, I'd rather walk through new and old options to find something I'm pretty sure I'd like or reorder what I know I like. Around 2007, I had a famous shaper tell me that my favorite hpsb and small wave models were discontinued. I had them...
  19. S

Slater Designs Great White Twin

If the Inertia website had a Design Forum that's what a meetup would look and sound like.