parmenter MICRO STUBBY reviews?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I've always wondered what his boards share in common with R.

Especially the 1984.

Dims and outline look very similar

Foil too, I think, fromwhat i've seen in photos of D's stuff.

Reactions: JDJ

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
I had one that fucked pretty hard. Super shreddy board with hawt 80s shortboard vibes that gave me nostalgia every time I rode it—had glass ons which contribute to its goodness. Lower end for groveling too. Sold it because I don’t fuck with EPS anymore but have been looking for a poly one for a while now.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
It’s a personal thing, i guess. His boards were never hard to come by where i’m from, and i didn’t know he had a following until a little while ago. Weird hard bottom fat rail stupid things

Feb 18, 2024
I've always wondered what his boards share in common with R.

Especially the 1984.

Dims and outline look very similar

Foil too, I think, fromwhat i've seen in photos of D's stuff.
pretty similar with the flat deck but Dave’s rails are harder for most of the rail kinda like some Maurice cole‘s

Reactions: JDJ

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
You guys are tripping, Dave’s boards work really well. Foam is carried to the rail and foil is minima so you need to be more careful about ordering boards with thicker rails. Dave’s 2.5 is a Christenson 3.5.

Reactions: Fishyhb

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
You guys are tripping, Dave’s boards work really well. Foam is carried to the rail and foil is minima so you need to be more careful about ordering boards with thicker rails. Dave’s 2.5 is a Christenson 3.5.
daves boards do work really well. but ive found his foils and rails to be all over the map. i have four of his boards for bigger surf between 7-2 and 8-4 all in the 2.7 to 2.8 thickness range and they couldnt be more different in terms of rail profile and perceived thickness

Reactions: JDJ and Fishyhb

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
If anyone wants to see a Stubb Vector in action there are a few waves of Shaun Munro riding one in "The Coolite 500".

It draws some nice lines.

And it's set to the best surf song ever, Jon Frank's "Dump Swimming".

Reactions: JDJ and Fishyhb