Search results

1. T

JS Carbotune

Kinda laughable at this point seeing the big brands all follow suit with the latest trend twins, stringleless epoxies, mid lengths, carbon wrapped stinglerless epoxy. Next week all the team riders claiming it’s a game changer will be back on the same poly HPSB that hasn’t significantly changed...
  2. T

Cringe kook instagram

Anybody else here notice the amount of cringey instagram accounts ran by kooks trying to profit off surfing? The lamest sh!t ever: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxYxLd-rqBy/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==
  3. T

Surf Trip Anxiety

Any of you board hoarders ever get anxiety trying to single down 2-3 boards for a surf trip? Day to day I'm always second guessing what to bring but on a surf trip after 5 year hiatus traveling (2 kids 13 months apart) it's on another level. I kind of long for the days when I was too broke to...
  4. T

Composite Stringers

I'm sure this has been mentioned before but just curious. Not being a board builder or particularly knowledgeable about materials it seems to me that with shaping machines being so accurate and glass and foam being consistent. The biggest hurdle for copying a magic board would be variations in...
  5. T

Bunion and bottom turns.

I’ve got a large bunion on my right foot (regular foot) that has developed over my near 30 year surfing history. Odd thing is I’m convinced it’s purely from applying lots of pressure to my backfoot (I’m a regular foot). I have noticed in photos my backfoot is rarely flat on my board but more...
  6. T

Board for Kelly's pool

Got a spot booked for next month. Always said I would rather spend the same amount and go somewhere like Salina Cruz but with a 2 & 3 year old and demanding work schedule I haven't found the time for a week long surf trip in the last 3 years. Figured I would condense the surf trip into a handful...
  7. T

T Patterson- Synthetic 84

This looks like a good time. Anyone seen one in person? https://www.tpattersonsurfboards.com/synthetic-84