Search results

1. P

Portugal tips?

Anyone spent time in Portugal? Any must-visit/must-surf zones? Going to be spending a bit of time there soon
  2. P

Sicily?

Anyone ever surfed in Sicily? If so, any seasons/spot info you can share? Looks like Syracuse side + Palermo side both get swell. I know Sardinia gets good, although it has a completely different swell window. Thanks for any insights
  3. P

(ignoramus insight) board's wave catching ability: entry rocker >>> volume

This is probably old news for most, but I had a simple insight after jumping back and forth between some hipstery mid lengths / long fishes and an appropriately volumed (on the plus size) modern shortboard with a lowish entry rocker & more aggressive tail rocker: A board's wave catching ability...
  4. P

Puerto Rico in April?

I have to go to Puerto Rico for work in April. Never been but I still remember the footage of Dane at that one insanely rippable right when the CT was there years back. I'll be near San Juan for the first few days for the work stuff but thinking of staying somewhere by some fun surf (if there...
  5. P

(video) Prone Foiling random sidewave / backwash "spot"

Damn this was impressive:
  6. P

Is kitesurfing as fun as it looks here?

I grew up surfing and always saw kitesurfers show up in the afternoon when it got windy. It never was that appealing to me for some reason. Now living halfway across the world, where the "good" days at my local spot resemble some variation of the video below, I'm thinking "why did I never try...
  7. P

Wind Foil? (light wind/flat water)

Anyone recommend a wind foil setup for light wind / flat water? Just windsurfed (no foil) for the first time on a big learner board/sail with light wind. Was very fun. I live around 1 hr from the nearest (occasional) surf currently, but just a short walk from a nice lake with pretty consistent...
  8. P

Italy (Genoa/la spezia) June/July?

Bringing a beater board to NW Italy, looks like there's a pulse of 1m windswell every few days. Anyone been this time of year? Not really intending it to be a surf trip, but will have a car and could be nice to get a session or two in while I'm there... Thanks for any feedback
  9. P

*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

Just bought $300 in non-perishable groceries online, and dropped $50 per on some N100 masks off ebay. Interesting times... How are you handling it?