Search results

1. G

Oside pier is on fire!

yeah, restaurant isn't open. food stands over there, apparently.
  2. G

Oside pier is on fire!

I got there in the afternoon for my son's sailing practice. He asked his coach if they could sail over to check it out, and his coach said sure. There were already helicopters dropping water on it. His coach said that the lifeguards said there was debris falling from the pier, so the pier is...
  3. G

*** Official National Parks Thread ***

We were camping there and felt the van shaking one morning. We had our bikes on the back and thought someone was trying to steal them (this happened earlier in the trip at Niagara falls. Looser gave up bc they were locked). Looked outside and an elk was chewing on one of the bike's handlebar grips.
  4. G

Show us your SAILBOATS

Last weekend, my youngest son had a regatta at Mission Bay: Two guys came out on moths. Crazy how fast they are compared to normal hulls. Then saw a foiling nacra (17?). It looked like a flying bucking bronco. At first, it wasn't out of the water, but I thought why is that cat going so fast...
  5. G

Ambidextrous Surfers?

Wasn't it butch van artsdalen that surfed pipe switch, or front side either right or left?
  6. G

I think I remember reading over 18k junk pieces orbiting Earth (just looked it up, now >25k). Doesn't Starlink have a lower orbit nearer to Earth, which makes it more visible?
  7. G

Crazy how starlink was given permission to launch thousands of satellites and ruin any space data collection from Earth. It's nearly impossible to get a pic of the night sky w/o satellites in it.
  8. G

Twinzer Feedback?

Mark Price from FireWire fame?
  9. G

wsl adds a gamer as ceo. a fucking gamer! hahaha.

It means he once had a subscription to Netflix and Hulu. Any b.s. "sport" where "judges" make up numbers should die... Especially since dumbfvck parents are pulling their dumbfvck kids out of school to do it and fvck up midweek surf sessions during school.
  10. G

Death Valley NP: I need to edit out the hot pixels and satellites.
  11. G

***The Official Retirement Post***

I was talking to another dad who works for the military. He said his 20 years is coming up and then he's out. He told me he's been reading about retirement, and that most of the advice is retire early, collect a pension, and then work another job, if needed. If not, don't work. I'm planning on...
  12. G

Buying a CPO vehicle

I looked it up: Molecular N 3.04 x 10^-10 m Molecular O 2.95 x 10^-10 m Molecular N doesn't move any slower than other gases at the same temp. It's inert; whereas, oxygen is oxidizing.
  13. G

Buying a CPO vehicle

N is actually smaller than O. Like Doof said, air is already 78% N2, 21% O2. The case for N2 is that it's inert, like a noble gas.
  14. G

Let's get a few things straight.

Just needs Jesus to trim her bush, too
  15. G

Let's get a few things straight.

Is this a thread about zombies?
  16. G

Mountain Lion Attack

First, sorry that happened to you. I hope you got her info so you could report it. Dumb owner needs to learn not to take her dog off leash.
  17. G

Mountain Lion Attack

I read that male mtn lions have a 100 sq mi range, meaning there can't be too many of them in a small area. Neighbor's cat went missing a few years back. They saw it on their backyard cam at 3:00 in the a.m. 5 minutes later, a mtn lion walked by between their glass slider and their patio table.
  18. G

Twinzer Feedback?

I took a baby swallow and roundpin to cloudbreak. Worked fine. Wil suggested to spread the cluster for bigger waves.
  19. G

Vaccines

Facetiousness