*** Official Rip Curl Bells Beach Pro Contest Thread ***

Sauce

OTF status
Oct 6, 2021
Maybe Brazilians buy his stuff? I couldn't find any sponsors just a go fund me lol.

I just don't get what I'd have in common with a CT surfer weighing a buck sixty wet.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
watched the interview and I can't believe I'm saying this but I think gabby handled it well. Spoke his mind but didn't sound like a complete moran.
Can you imagine, as a young kid with a desire to win, giving a televised interview in your non-native language on a live broadcast after you see everything you've worked so hard for flushed down the toilet by idiotic judging?

He's calmer now because he has nothing to prove, he's over the fact the WSL is a joke, and he knows everyone who knows anything about surfing knows the WSL is a joke.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Can you imagine, as a young kid with a desire to win, giving a televised interview in your non-native language on a live broadcast after you see everything you've worked so hard for flushed down the toilet by idiotic judging?

He's calmer now because he has nothing to prove, he's over the fact the WSL is a joke, and he knows everyone who knows anything about surfing knows the WSL is a joke.
this. It trips me out that people get upset that professional surfers, who make money by winning, take winning seriously.

Also, Kelly still can’t win an elimination heat.

• Haha
Reactions: brukuns and Havoc

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Brazzo's should be proud of Medina's maturity. Often characterized by out-of-control passion, he showed everyone a stronger way.
Other than cheap time-suck entertainment, this year, Medina calling out the random judging and Caity showing and putting a voice to equality for women, the WSL has more value than a tax write-off for another billionaire.

Sauce

OTF status
Oct 6, 2021
I like it when people call out the wsl and obviously politicized organizations. Bobby's rant was better. I like it when they drop some f-bombs and fun insults, shows character and makes them more relatable.

Reactions: Woke AF and Havoc

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
No disrespect meant - when I read your post I thought you were joking.

It's like we didn't even watch the same waves.

a) Cole's wave looked sloppy - the two opening turns were awful and looked forced, he couldn't figure out his board until after those turns
b) Cole's wave itself was terrible - a really poor choice
c) WTF is with the claim?
c) Gabby's looked nimble, lightning quick
d) Gabby's board was properly engaged with noticeable precision.
e) Gabby did more maneuvers
f) Gabby's wave was better
I'm glad the Brazzos don't have nukes. I could see them responding to this slight to national honor by pushing the Big Red Button.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I was thinking more like Jesus.
Funny you of all people would overlook that even more so at this time of year.
What ways did you see Jesus doing this? What passages did you want to discuss here?

Will there be snacks

Miki Dora status
Mar 18, 2011
Hotel Coral Essex
Does the head judge ever give a statement or a reason(s)? Or is it just a too bad, you know where the door is if you don't like it type of thang?

Hopefully Gabby can use it as motivation whether he stays on tour or not.