HPSB 2034

Oct 5, 2021
Sami Pupo looking pretty fast at Bells on one of those JS carbotune tech boards, definitely seemed to be going a bit quicker than Leo in the heat and bit of surface chop too. R Cal on the standard and trusted JS in pu

Reactions: slipped_disc

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
my flyer circa 1999 has like 6+ inches of nose rocker
And that thing was toned down in comparison to the boards of the time.

One of my all time favorite board was a CI MX.

Chip thin, ridiculous rocker, totally flat bottom. The nose and tail were so thin that it tapered out to basically just glass.

Loved that board. Then one day I simply just couldn’t surf it anymore so I gave it to young ripper who couldn’t afford boards.

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
And that thing was toned down in comparison to the boards of the time.

One of my all time favorite board was a CI MX.

Chip thin, ridiculous rocker, totally flat bottom. The nose and tail were so thin that it tapered out to basically just glass.

Loved that board. Then one day I simply just couldn’t surf it anymore so I gave it to young ripper who couldn’t afford boards.
Had that same board - a six channel MX from the early 2000's. I seriously considered re-ordering one recently, but went with an MBM. That board FLEW in good surf. And yes, it was indeed a glass slipper.

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
But bruh! How could this be?

We've been told all the pros have dismissed alt tech and gone back to the cult of PU!
Pros are weird hey.

If they think that they can gain an advantage in small, shitty surf from an EPS/Carbon board then will use it.

Who could have possibly thunk it?

One single pro out of 34 men and 17 women using an alt-tech board just confirms the ubiquity of PU/PE though, yes?

Reactions: Hazrus

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Had that same board - a six channel MX from the early 2000's. I seriously considered re-ordering one recently, but went with an MBM. That board FLEW in good surf. And yes, it was indeed a glass slipper.
Damn. Channels in one of those things would be dreamy.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Wonder what bort this was

:love:

Does anyone else love bottom turns? I love it when they don't double pump. Looks so much better.

I was watching Bells for a while yesterday but tuned out pretty quickly- all double and triple pumping and sheisse conditions.

That said I loved JJ's top carves in the rnd 1 highlights. Even better than Jordy's.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I was watching Bells for a while yesterday but tuned out pretty quickly- all double and triple pumping
If this was at Bells and not Winki or something (didn't watch) I swear they all ride boards with too much rocker for Bells. Head high wave at Snapperbank and it's about one duuulength from the flat to the lip. Head high wave at Bells and the top of the wave is in a different time zone than the mid-face. They bottom turn in the zone littoral but the lip line is out in international waters.