Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
Love awtching mediner backside. He looks to the exact spot he wants his board to go. I've noticed that if I focus on this it helps my backside surfing.

Man that fvcker can surf
I remember watching Tom Curren en route to his win at Santa Cruz. He (also) did seven turns on one wave, and I remember thinking that it looked boring. Thought the same thing with one of Houshman's wave. Commentators tried justifying that the turns were different, but I couldn't see it. Not taking away from the skill required, but from a purely spectator's perspective, was monotonous.

bonzer5fin

Duke status
May 9, 2006
your mom
was that call in apology to george? gabby was NOT happy. too bad blakey had to be switzerland on that one. i want to hear the commentators call out the judges.

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
....and Medina blames the judges. Predictable. But about as directly as anyone has in a long time. The fall out should be interesting.

I thought Cole won watching live. Need to see a head to head replay for a final verdict.

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
....and Medina blames the judges. Predictable. But about as directly as anyone has in a long time. The fall out should be interesting.

I thought Cole won watching live. Need to see a head to head replay for a final verdict.
Agreed, other than the "predictable" part. I really felt he won.

Edit: Blakey is clearly rattled by the Gabe commentary. He doesn't know how to respond. This is awesome! The contest needed this kind of shaking, IMO. This makes it more personal.

Reactions: bonzer5fin