XO COCO surfboards

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Designed to be unique
"XO COCO is a surfboard company designing equipment specifically for and with women.
The result of a collaboration between professional surfer Coco Ho and shaper Matt Parker, we seek to employ women at every stage of the surfboard building process, from supply to operations to wave riding."

Curious - who are the women down in Ensenada that are popping these things out?
Will they be receiving recognition?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: surfwhere and Havoc

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Hard to imagine this is going to be a money-maker for him.
Is he going with the same marketing formula as Album? Are there any other free surfer females or older female free surfers? Do chicks even care about that?
The shapes look different, chick-friendly? The colors are nice, though:shrug:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Is he going with the same marketing formula as Album? Are there any other free surfer females or older female free surfers? Do chicks even care about that?
Apparently it's all about foot size.

I'm serious.

As far as marketing formula, money talks, for some people boards don't matter, and it seems he has it to spend. Guaranteed team riders are being courted with cash.

Lisa Anderson?

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
It would be great for women's surfing if boards were designed around their specific needs. I hope Matt Parker sees this as more than just an untapped revenue stream that he can spray some pretty colors on and drop some woke words into for a quick buck. But
:shark:

Reactions: Fishyhb

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
I’d bet a whole case of mustache wax served in an asymmetrical artisan vase (If you know you know) they are planning to sell all sorts of other products to the ladies- that’s where the $ is at. The surfer, surfing n boards more of a lifestyle branding to sell a bunch of other stuff IMO.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
I’d bet a whole case of mustache wax served in an asymmetrical artisan vase (If you know you know) they are planning to sell all sorts of other products to the ladies- that’s where the $ is at. The surfer, surfing n boards more of a lifestyle branding to sell a bunch of other stuff IMO.
Yeah,
$275 Flip Flops are on the container ship now. What’s the decision process? Which board goes with these slippahs or do I match my outfit to the board? The groms in the showroom probably know.

Reactions: ReForest

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Like expensive leather jackets and $1,000 dollar burkenstock style sandals? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: j_mac and Fishyhb

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
Women do naturally surf different than men and would benefit from a truly female optimized board design.

I don’t know if these boards will be the answer but I do know that women look like sh!t surfing squash tail thrusters.
Nah.

Steph Gilmore, Molly Picklum etc etc surf just fine on squash tail thrusters.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Nah.

It's a technique thing- girls now are looking up at Caity, Steph, Pickles etc etc and seeing how to surf properly.
Have you seen Gilmore ride twin fins? Fish? Way more pleasing to watch than on HPSB thrusters.

Different center of gravity, less torque through the toro, different stance, smaller foot to height ratio, wider hip to height ratio, weaker knees, weaker ankles.

Women need different equipment than men. It’s about time someone tailored boards to them.

Al Merrick did it decades ago for Lisa Anderson and before that Kim Mearig. They weren’t riding the same boards as the men. They were riding versions of them that were more modified than just scaled down for their wieght.

Could it be that both Al and Matt are quite active in religions which still recognize that men and women are in fact different.

• Haha
Reactions: MrCrash and PRCD

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
Have to disagree there mate.

I've seen Steph ride everything under the sun, in the flesh as well as on the webcast- free surfing, comp surfing etc etc

Her best surfing has been on HPSB's. Yes, she does look great on twinnys, TKF etc etc.

And her own model (made by DHD) is a pretty standard HPSB.

They just need different dimensions.

Last edited:
Reactions: casa_mugrienta