*** Official MEO Rip Curl Pro Portugal Contest Thread ***

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Jack is gnarly but he still needs to prove himself with a title IMHO. Until then any Kelly Slater comparison is really jeezing your pants.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I loved Paul Evans when he was comentating on the QS events. Did the CT neuter him?
hmmm, that's the accent Bonzer was complaining about? Makes more sense... thought maybe he thought Jessé's accent was poncy because he wanted to sound American forcing an accent (which he does).

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
I feel weird saying this - Poor Kanoa.

I will say, post-heat pure class from Kanoa in congratulating Leo. I dig it. I used to really be annoyed by Kanoa, but coming around to him these days, ala Gabriel. Gotta dig the new and improved, humble and likable Gab.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Kanoa and Leo have been really good friends since childhood so the congrats did seem genuine. That said, I was pulling for Leo to smash him the entire time. I just have a hard time liking Kanoa.
Leo is one of the best surfers who's not a wizard. He's not as talented as the likes of John and Gabs but you can't count him out in any venue, he's an all around great surfer (although I'm not a fan of his style).

Reactions: npsp