*** Official MEO Rip Curl Pro Portugal Contest Thread ***

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I hope the WSL keeps getting skunked indefinitely. And I hope the only flawless days they get throughout the entire year are Code Red swells and they call it off.

Reactions: Havoc

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
Reactions: teeroi

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
John making the crappy waves look fun. Kade better plan to be on the Challenger Series after Margret’s.

Jake Marshall, his backhand is quick. I’m digging it. Except he claimed a 6.6.

Reactions: Havoc

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
This is a horrible, horrible contest. In the brazzo contest at least you know what you're signing in for and many times you get it better than you expected. This contest is marketed as almost a Portuguese pipeline and it's always blown out junky that end up being decided by who throws the most twirly birdies. Lame.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Gabby looking like Gabby. I guess all he needed was a nap.

A few years back Carissa’s dad was at my regular coaching some groms. I told him I thought Riss got underscored at the last event. He said it was close. Then out of the blue he said the surfer that gets consistently underscored was Gabe. I said not John, cause you guys know I’m a John-Stan. He says sometimes but Gabby always gets underscored. Chris Moore started the Brazzo’s get robbed flat earth conspiracy. Haha.

Miggy Pupo ain’t Brazzo either but Sammy sure is.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Gabby looking like Gabby. I guess all he needed was a nap.

A few years back Carissa’s dad was at my regular coaching some groms. I told him I thought Riss got underscored at the last event. He said it was close. Then out of the blue he said the surfer that gets consistently underscored was Gabe. I said not John, cause you guys know I’m a John-Stan. He says sometimes but Gabby always gets underscored. Chris Moore started the Brazzo’s get robbed flat earth conspiracy. Haha.

Miggy Pupo ain’t Brazzo either but Sammy sure is.
He more than makes up for his lack of poo stance with over the top claims for 5s and 6s. Brazzo to the core.

• Haha

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Yep this contest venue sucks. Barron and John out early.

John must have major FOMO watching Nate and crew scoring epic Cloudbreak. I wonder if WSL will run if it gets that big during by their event later in the season.

• Wow
Reactions: sh3

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
i still can't listen to that poncy accented dude. turpiel isn't nearly as annoying now.
It annoys me too but you can't deny his prowess in the English language. I'm particularly annoyed by how he pronounces "to" as "2".

I should thread very, very carefully when criticizing the accent of brazzos speaking English though. extremely carefully!.

(we're talking about Jessé, right?)

• Haha