Slater Designs Great White Twin

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
@ReForest did you cancel your order after Waxy's scathing thumbs down analysis of the board?
I see they have "expanded" the size range available to suit the expanded.
There are a fair few that hit the Facebook marketplace, all with a couple rides only under its belt....

As a "performance fish", I think its fair to compare it to two of my favourite boards in my quiver - my current HPSB ( Sharpeye synergy) and my Fish ( Gary McNeil RTT), given that it should* have characteristics somewhere in the continuum between those two boards.

There isn't a single characteristic - speed, pivot, drive, wave range , you name it, that the GW is better, or even comparable, to either of those two. In every aspect it would come dead last in the 3 horse race. It's an absolute donkey of a board.

The above is actually a bit of an exaggeration, it does win in one category. If you intend on doing the worst possible surfing your natural capabilities can bump up against, then the GW is the pile of sh!t for you.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
There are a fair few that hit the Facebook marketplace, all with a couple rides only under its belt....

As a "performance fish", I think its fair to compare it to two of my favourite boards in my quiver - my current HPSB ( Sharpeye synergy) and my Fish ( Gary McNeil RTT), given that it should* have characteristics somewhere in the continuum between those two boards.

There isn't a single characteristic - speed, pivot, drive, wave range , you name it, that the GW is better, or even comparable, to either of those two. In every aspect it would come dead last in the 3 horse race. It's an absolute donkey of a board.

The above is actually a bit of an exaggeration, it does win in one category. If you intend on doing the worst possible surfing your natural capabilities can bump up against, then the GW is the pile of sh!t for you.
I'm picking up a lightly used RTT 5'11" in a couple of weeks...can't farkin wait!

• Love
Reactions: donger and waxfoot

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
I'm picking up a lightly used RTT 5'11" in a couple of weeks...can't farkin wait!
I've sold a few of my boards because of that thing. I would often come out the surf on another small wave board thinking " but my RTT is just better".

Reactions: Retropete

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu

That should say it all. Apart from a couple cool jumps in the air, you can see the board surf like a sack of potatoes
IMG_2405.jpeg

Aside from fam the people I love most either surf or skate and the ones I hate most either surf or skate. Mike Woo grew up surfing my summer regular. This past weekend there were waves there and his name came up. Let’s just say the comments were colorful and not Great White. Haha.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: racer1 and ReForest

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020

That should say it all. Apart from a couple cool jumps in the air, you can see the board surf like a sack of potatoes
Really? I thought it was ripping on that GW. Throwing spray a million miles away!

I thought he looked way better on the GW than on the S-Boss.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
What do you think about the single sessions concept? Kinda nice to see 1 session like that... versus Wooley or Noel trying out a board several weeks at a time.

Jan 2, 2024
Maui
What do you think about the single sessions concept? Kinda nice to see 1 session like that... versus Wooley or Noel trying out a board several weeks at a time.
Its nice being able to see them compared in the same conditions vs noel maybe trying a board with 2 different fins but on 2 completely different days and sometimes even 1 set in the pool and 1 in the ocean

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Its nice being able to see them compared in the same conditions vs noel maybe trying a board with 2 different fins but on 2 completely different days and sometimes even 1 set in the pool and 1 in the ocean
Exactly. And he seems to have switched them quickly. Meaning, the winds, tide and conditions didn't change too much during the board swap.

Reactions: MauiMax
Jan 2, 2024
Maui
Exactly. And he seems to have switched them quickly. Meaning, the winds, tide and conditions didn't change too much during the board swap.
Defitely. That video could easily be a quick 2-3 hour session. Waves looked just as average for both boards which is perfect. The s-boss looks pretty fun in those waves

Reactions: ReForest