Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego

RattimusBeach

Nep status
Jun 2, 2014
Torrance, CA
I dunno that thing looks small.

The board is listed as being less than a mile from my house. I could go look but I don't want to seem tirekicker.

Side note, it's sad (but unsurprising) to see RK making soyjak face.
Hi @casa_mugrienta

Yup, I bought it from @ReForest, surfed it twice, and he wanted to buy it back so I sent it back to SD...but he decided not to buy it back so it's been sitting at my brother's spot. It's pretty much in the same condition (like-new) as when I bought it. I think my brother has bought a few boards off of you in the past...maybe a HaydenShapes Merlot and others. Feel free to dm me and I can connect you. It's 25liters but seems to float more than that and the rails were pretty full. It went sick for me but I'm back in school and not surfing as much. It's definitely hard to find a smaller GMM2 so might be worth a check out.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Muchacho tri was fun. Little slow off the bottom to closeout foam climb but tight wraps on the open face.

Pretty weird feeling boar paddling around with the swuare nose. weird disappears once up and riding.

EastCoastBrah

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 16, 2020
These still only available in XTR? I'm intrigued. Planning to pick up a couple new boards for really shitty surf to try and make that more fun and keep me in the water more so i stop getting fat in the slow times

• Haha
Reactions: JDJ and ReForest

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Yes, only available in XTR.

I'll be putting in an order for another one soon. Been a staple in my quiver for 10 years.
You only run reactors, yeah?

I noticed his hydronamica site says you can order pu, and patagonia has a couple poly OTR, not sure if certain models only.

Reactions: jkb

EastCoastBrah

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 16, 2020
Yes, only available in XTR.

I'll be putting in an order for another one soon. Been a staple in my quiver for 10 years.
how much does it end up running from XTR? I'd need to get mine shipped too. I see on website base is 825 but i also saw something about them running $100 off somewhere along the line.

I used to love epoxies but not so much anymore, especially since a lot of our really small days the wind isn't offshore, epoxy and chop sometimes dont mix great.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
You only run reactors, yeah?

I noticed his hydronamica site says you can order pu, and patagonia has a couple poly OTR, not sure if certain models only.
Yes, the old purple Reactors with 3 equal sized fins.

I've seen that you can order PU on Hydrodynamica but I think that's only with certain models.

Reactions: sdsrfr

EastCoastBrah

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 16, 2020

order form lets you pick gmm but only shows epoxy options

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
how much does it end up running from XTR? I'd need to get mine shipped too. I see on website base is 825 but i also saw something about them running $100 off somewhere along the line.

I used to love epoxies but not so much anymore, especially since a lot of our really small days the wind isn't offshore, epoxy and chop sometimes dont mix great.
Probably close to $900.

XTR feels like it's something in-between poly and EPS. However, the short stature of this board does not do you any favors when trying to cut through lump and bump.

what are you guys volume / length / dims in general compared to your regular shortboard?
Sizing is subjective and based on skill level, the region you surf, ect, but you can size these things all over the place and they still work. Probably best to target something a couple inches less than your height.

I'm 5'9 and 160. My first one was 4'10. My current one is a 5'1. This upcoming order will be a 5'5. Same volume as my hpsb but you can up the volume a couple liters if you want.

Reactions: sdsrfr

EastCoastBrah

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 16, 2020
Probably close to $900.

XTR feels like it's something in-between poly and EPS. However, the short stature of this board does not do you any favors when trying to cut through lump and bump.

Sizing is subjective and based on skill level, the region you surf, ect, but you can size these things all over the place and they still work. Probably best to target something a couple inches less than your height.

I'm 5'9 and 160. My first one was 4'10. My current one is a 5'1. This upcoming order will be a 5'5. Same volume as my hpsb but you can up the volume a couple liters if you want.
skill: absolute ripper
region: sucks
weight: fat

the 2nd two are why it looks like the first one isn't true. that's my story.

• Haha
Reactions: ReForest

EastCoastBrah

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 16, 2020
Probably close to $900.

If it feels more like poly than a normal eps/epoxy then i'd probably try to volume it up a bit over my normal boards just for the paddling in the terrible surf.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
skill: absolute ripper
region: sucks
weight: fat

the 2nd two are why it looks like the first one isn't true. that's my story.
I say the safest sizing is somewhere around nose height and whatever width/thickness to get the volume you're comfortable with. It'll be more hp if you keep the width narrower a bit but maybe your waves don't call for that.

EastCoastBrah

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 16, 2020
I say the safest sizing is somewhere around nose height and whatever width/thickness to get the volume you're comfortable with. It'll be more hp if you keep the width narrower a bit but maybe your waves don't call for that.
that's about where i tend to go with small wave boards, but these are such a weird shape wasn't sure if it should be different. i may go a little shorter than normal. ty

Reactions: jkb