Divorce Thread better than book thread

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
From what I've seen the dating apps always seem like an amazing opportunity (in the beginning).
You can definitely tear it up on them. Although I don’t think it makes you more likely to find someone you are actually compatible with. In the beginning it was desktop sites like eHarmony and Match where people actually read profiles. With the mobile swipe stuff I imagine it’s gotten exponentially more shallow.

The most brilliant of them all is Bumble, where men can only message women who message them. Women think this is an advantage, because they are no longer inundated with idiots, however it actually benefits men because it puts them in the power position to decide whether or not to respond.

Pescado713

Nep status
May 2, 2019
In 1888, German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche first stated, “Out of life's school of war—what doesn't kill me, makes me stronger.”

One divorce here. Long time ago. I didn’t have to give up anything that couldn’t be replaced within a year.

27th anniversary this week. Hard to believe. Any gift ideas for the wife that has everything? In the past I’ve got her washing machines, lawnmowers and other yard work stuff, power washer… if she wants something she buys it herself.
tooling machine die? a little hard work nvr hurt anyone + SBA loan?

Pescado713

Nep status
May 2, 2019
Loan? :roflmao: She owns a couple of million in property free and clear. She favors machete work. Would teach you a thing or two.:poke:
If this is the case, one of our property keeper guys is going back to Nicaragua to see his family....we've got a fair amount of dry brush to cut before it gets any drier....if she really favors machete work that is. A practical sensible and property saavy wife is one of the keys to living close to the ocean.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
If this is the case, one of our property keeper guys is going back to Nicaragua to see his family....we've got a fair amount of dry brush to cut before it gets any drier....if she really favors machete work that is. A practical sensible and property saavy wife is one of the keys to living close to the ocean.
:roflmao:You can’t come close to affording her. Your wife can’t do it? Cut green, burn when it dries. Start there. The drier it is, the harder to cut.

Reactions: Pescado713

Pescado713

Nep status
May 2, 2019
:roflmao:You can’t come close to affording her. Your wife can’t do it? Cut green, burn when it dries. Start there. The drier it is, the harder to cut.
Mine prob would w/o a doubt, just in the sense of fellowship I wanted to extend this opportunity in case things weren't as rosey as I've now come to understand Mr. Ogre...and yes, i know a thing or two about cutting brush, its a new property on a ridge facing WNW so its rapidly becoming as crispy as a Mojave taco shell given the influence of El Nino, besides cutting green during the rainy season in an area that rainfall can vary between 65" - 90" is not the same thing as cutting green in Southern California. But next year will be ready for sure.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Mine prob would w/o a doubt, just in the sense of fellowship I wanted to extend this opportunity in case things weren't as rosey as I've now come to understand Mr. Ogre...and yes, i know a thing or two about cutting brush, its a new property on a ridge facing WNW so its rapidly becoming as crispy as a Mojave taco shell given the influence of El Nino, besides cutting green during the rainy season in an area that rainfall can vary between 65" - 90" is not the same thing as cutting green in Southern California. But next year will be ready for sure.
Probably would? As I’ve said before it’s an acquired skill that you learn from childhood. Like dealing with cattle. Put the blade down before you hurt yourself. Or not.

• Haha
Reactions: Pescado713

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
You're new to this sick world of dating apps I take it?

I say that not jokingly.
the apps suck - but if you werent already married how woul go about meeting girls?

i had to opt in cause im not out in the streets every night anymore an im not meeting anyone new through friends. that said with the tiniest bit of patience - its a goldmine. hinge or bubble - cant go wrong.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
the apps suck - but if you werent already married how woul go about meeting girls?

i had to opt in cause im not out in the streets every night anymore an im not meeting anyone new through friends. that said with the tiniest bit of patience - its a goldmine. hinge or bubble - cant go wrong.
Zihuatanejo in Nahuatl is Place of beautiful women

or

Place of women of little value.

Either way. :shrug:

Reactions: Ifallalot

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

In my work environment there are plenty of single women.

But, in another scenario, yeah I get you. It can't be easy.

At the same time I think the apps are symbolic of the natural laziness technology has bestowed - it's just "less of a hassle" to use an app. Trading our humanity for ease.

Think about it - at no other time in history (other than kings, whorehouses, and freaks searching mailorder brides) have men selected from a menu of women in such a way.

And then the women go meet the men - complete strangers - like a craigslist or classified ad.

It's pretty gross that it's come to this.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
In my work environment there are plenty of single women.

But, in another scenario, yeah I get you. It can't be easy.

At the same time I think the apps are symbolic of the natural laziness technology has bestowed - it's just "less of a hassle" to use an app. Trading our humanity for ease.

Think about it - at no other time in history (other than kings, whorehouses, and freaks searching mailorder brides) have men selected from a menu of women in such a way.

And then the women go meet the men - complete strangers - like a craigslist or classified ad.

It's pretty gross that it's come to this.
yea my work enviroment = WFH. also never liked to sh!t where i eat and the bitches on my zooms are fugly.

mostly agree but theres nothing lazy about the apps - you gotta be on there - doing it to get results and you start from scratch with every new girl. lazy in the sense you dont gotta leave the house but your working for it thats for sure.

i do trip out that girls will just go to a place i suggest like i couldnt be a complete pshyco. public places an all that but girls have hopped in the whip with me aftwer our first date and im like - wow. id never trust someone i jsut met.

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
You can definitely tear it up on them. Although I don’t think it makes you more likely to find someone you are actually compatible with. In the beginning it was desktop sites like eHarmony and Match where people actually read profiles. With the mobile swipe stuff I imagine it’s gotten exponentially more shallow.

The most brilliant of them all is Bumble, where men can only message women who message them. Women think this is an advantage, because they are no longer inundated with idiots, however it actually benefits men because it puts them in the power position to decide whether or not to respond.
freind scored a new wife on match. she came with a trophy house and mid 7 figure salary. he's still retired. tells her colleagues he surfs when they ask what he does.

what could possibly go wrong :shrug:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
mostly agree but theres nothing lazy about the apps - you gotta be on there - doing it to get results and you start from scratch with every new girl. lazy in the sense you dont gotta leave the house but your working for it thats for sure.
Just leaving the house seems problematic for people these days.

Going out and meeting people IRL must feel like climbing Everest for many.

The only working is the fingers swiping and playing the texting (mind) game, ass firmly planted on the couch (or toilet)

Reactions: CutnSnip